🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Nguyen,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
margarita_margo
Community Member

I got the notification that I need to confirm my identity, otherwise I won't be able to use the service.

I successfully sent and verified my documents but when it comes to video/photo of my face the Upwork straight up refuses to work.

1. When I'm trying to use Laptop webcam in the latest Chrome with adblock disabled and cleared cache I get "We are having some technical problems. We are unable to use the camera on this device.Please try again using your mobile camera."

2. When I'm sending a link to my Android phone, I'm able to start face capture but there is no button to actually take the picture and the text on the top of the screen is forever stuck on "hold the phone upright".

3. And when I tried to connect to the agent I got "We're experiencing a technical problem with connection to chat".

4. Then I tried to contact support but the agent never replied.

How am I supposed to confirm my identity if nothing works?

UPD: I finally was able to make photo with my phone. It just randomly worked. Still users shouldn't be forced to go through such a hassle and rely on random chance.

27f2138d
Community Member

I can't able to upload Id after too many attempts and upwork is asking to contact support but i do not know how to contact.

Thanks

Hi Saram,

I checked and it seems that you were able to create a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with your verification process. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
db670bda
Community Member

Hi Upwork, can you help me with these , my account does not have verification option.

petra_r
Community Member

Then you are currently not required to verify.

umairkhan5
Community Member

I have verified my id once when I got my 1st job but now it again asks me to verify your id so now I go to the setting and give the required info but it's not working. so plz verify my id to get an id badge.THANKS

Hi MUHAMMAD,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
zamanshah76
Community Member

i try to verify my identity verification  on Upwork  but every time i uploaded my ID card they rejected.

Hi Syed, 

I can see that you were able to file a support ticket for the same concern. I have followed up with the team handling your account concern, and they will reach out to you through your open support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
stephen098
Community Member

I live in Nigeria and my government have not giving us the real national ID card, card even people who registered 10 years before haven’t gotten it due reasons best known to the government. We were only given a national IDENTITY slip which is also recognized as the ID card here in my country and it also contains all necessary information that certify me as a citizen of the country. I have no other means of verification besides this. How can you help me out Upwork, I also don’t mind doing a video verification if that will help. I just started my freelancing career and I can assure you that I am the real owner of my account. Please help

me out Upwork, I've put so much hope on this platform and can't just stop now...it too early😔

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your message. Please refer to this help page for more information on acceptable Identity documents to verify your account.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
4a0eb056
Community Member

Hey everyone,

I'm new to UpWork and still haven't got my first offer on This platform. I filled my account with everything possible and would love to be verified. 
However, there is no invitation for a video verification or any other types of it. So I went online and found a page at UpWork that describes the procedure of Visual verification. There was an URL to go for it, but it's just not working. It says "this page doesn't exist. Error 404.(screenshot attached)

Can anybody tell me how I'm a supposed to verify my identity or accout? And also tell please, am I able to reach out to potential clients and start working with no verification?

Thank you in advance!
Sincirely,

Liubomyr 

Hi Liubomyr,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
453f7411
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support Team,

I receive an error message stating "no face found" when trying to complete the visual verification on my iphone. Can you please assist?

Hi Alyssa,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
8d5d7910
Community Member

I cant verify my account also, the link to verify when I click it, it always say error 404. And the verify button is not visible in my settings. What to do please. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marvin Annethony,

Once we notify you that you are eligible or required to earn the badge, you will be able to access the Identity Verification tab in your Settings and complete the two stages of this process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bdcead3e
Community Member

I'm new at Upwork. My first project is in process. Suddenly I saw a notification for verification. When I press on get started. The other notification came that 
"We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue." 
What I will do??? 

Please help.

You just need to contact Support by clicking "Get Support" in the lower righthand corner of the help center, then fill out a ticket. 

Thank you Alisha H, Yes, I have done it. But no have a reply from Upwork even some hours delay. And please tell me where will I got reply from upwork

Thank you Alisha H, Yes, I have done it. But no have a reply from Upwork even some hours delay. And please tell me where will I got reply from upwork

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
norman135st
Community Member

Hello,

I recently wanted to have my Upwork profile verified but I can't find the Identity Verification page in the Settings. When I click on the link provided in support.upwork.com ( https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/ ), it results in a 404 saying the page doesn't exist. Attached is a screenshot of that.

Norman

Hi Norman,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badgeIf you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
asfarqazalbash
Community Member

Hello,
Hope you are doing well.

I am facing issue in verifying my Government ID as I added my friends payoneer to my account. I am a new freelancer and wasn't aware of the policy that we can't add someone else payoneer to our account. Now upwork is asking for ID verification which shows up the name of my friend which can't not be edited or changed.

Kindly help me out with this thank you.

Hi Asfar,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
78302b27
Community Member

I have Uploaded My Govt. issued ID card But its still in the review for past 4 days.
My visual Verification is completed.

Hi Muhammad,

Your verification was approved and your badge was awarded on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
693bdb8b
Community Member

I have Uploaded My  Govt. Issued ID card more than 4 days ago but still, my verification is in review.

Hi Aafia,

Our team will review your ID as soon as possible and will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cc053b0c
Community Member

Dear Support,

My account is currently on hold, I wasn't able to verify it via Upwork but I linked my verified PayPal to Upwork account but that hasn't resolved my problem.

How else would I get my account verified?

Regards,

Mubanga Chanda

Hi Mubanga,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble completing the verification process. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
12d900e6
Community Member

I have cleared my ID Verification, have a blue badge but still on hold. Can someone kindly explain this?

Hi Ramsha,

I can see that you have been already granted the ID Verification Badge. If you can't see it on your end, try clearing your browser cache and cookies. Note that it may take some time to reflect.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
12d900e6
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, Thanks for the response,

I can see the badge but my account in on hold, all of the proposals have been withdrawn. I am not visible to any client, even active proposals are withdrawn and all work is ceased. I verified ID, but I have lost all my proposals, will they be all revived?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ramsha, 

I apologize for the delay. I looked into this further, and I can see that you missed verifying your account by the deadline. As such, a temporary hold on your account was placed, and your proposals were withdrawn. When you receive a notice to verify your account, it would be best to complete it by the deadline to avoid any hold on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
designsbyjay
Community Member

While trying to verify my account, it got a lock on it and I am no longer able to take gigs. I can't find any way to contact customer support about this issue. Is there not a number I can call them at? or an e-mail address? 

Hi Julia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you!!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members