🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
ed5a38e7
Community Member

I've been trying to verify my I.D. for two weeks now, and I've used pictures of my passport which matches the criteria exactly. Every time, the BOT rejects it.

Now my account is locked!

I've tried to use the Upwork support chat but a team member never responds to me, despite the BOT saying it will get someone.

Also, the help request page is faulty - nothing comes up on the page for me. It's completely blank other than the title, so I cannot fill in the form to make a request. 

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Hi Ben,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
boa123
Community Member

I have been trying to get my profile verified. I have tryed doing it with my passport as well as my Government ID card. Visual verification is done but I have no response from Upwork regarding ID document verification. IT keeps saying they need 1 business day to review it but it has been over a week. 

boa123_0-1647266141684.png

boa123
Community Member

boa123_0-1647266201005.png

Hi Muhammad,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
alitaimoor589
Community Member

Hi!

I uploaded my ID as soon as Upwork prompted me but it keeps showing that Upwork may take 1 business day to verify it. It has been over a week now and my account is on hold. I've tried to get support from Upwork's chatbot by asking for communication with an agent. It keeps saying that an agent will email me but I haven't received any email. 

What am I supposed to do?

Regards

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've shared your concern with the team and can confirm that the hold has been lifted and your account is now verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you require further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4c506a1e
Community Member

Hi guys 2 days ago i submitted for NID verification with my NID online copy.. but today i recieved a email from Upwork community that was unble to verification and then i re submitted that NID application with clicked photo by camera..But the problem is i can just upload the front part of NID .I couldn't upload the backpart of  NID because there was no option for that ..and now that is under review .I am so scared that  will  my ID not be disabled?

Hi MD.ABDE,

Thanks for reaching out. I can confirm that your account hold is lifted and your verification has passed. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ahmedseif918
Community Member

My account has been suspended temporarily because of identity verification, I've sent my national ID card to support ensuring the KYC is done to let it back on and it said "it takes a few minutes but sometimes it may take up to 1 business day" so I let it for about 28 hours now which is more than 1 day and today was a business day so it should have been finished but whenever I login it keeps saying it's still under review, how long does this really takes. 

Thanks in advance

Hi Ahmed, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. The documents you submitted have been approved, and the temporary hold on your account has been lifted. 

~ Avery
Upwork
894f42fc
Community Member

I really need help to be verified in UpWork. I've already waited more than 7 days on my email and I still haven't received an email where to be verified accordingly and legally. Please help 

Hi Edwin,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
894f42fc
Community Member

Thank you so much Ms Andrea. Maya the Upwork Agent helped me alot with the Identity Verification Issue and now I can see the Identity Verification Tab after the email that was sent to my gmail account.If you try to go the Identity Verification Page without completely verifiedIf you try to go the Identity Verification Page without completely verified

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

d2513574
Community Member

HI,

I am new to upwork and unable to verify my identity. 

Please help me,

Hi Wasif,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I had trouble at first as well, but there was an option provided to set up a short meeting with Upwork to verify identity through a quick video meeting.

a55e943c
Community Member

Hey,

I am new toUpwork and recently started a contract with client. However, upon submitting id card for identity verification, there is still no response and visual verification is already done. Kindly help me on this issue.

Fatima A.

a55e943c_0-1647364841394.png

Hi Fatima,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your verification is now approved. You should be able to see the ID Verification Badge on your profile now. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
nysujan1
Community Member

Hi,

Can you please help me I am not able to verify my ID?

Thank you,

Sujan

Hi Sujan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b07e4712
Community Member

I am facing a big issue, my passport date has been expired. but I submitted for renewal, it will take a minimum of 30 days to arrive. can I verify with my expired passport for now? I do have a delivery slip for my new passport.  

Hi A K M Zakir Hossai,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c5fc21b6
Community Member

Hi Community,

I have recently joined Upwork. My legal name is C H Lokesh. As the last name field is mandatory. I have entered Mr. in First Name and C H Lokesh in Last name.

Does this work. Or do you have any suggestions.

Also I get the Alert: Action required: Verify your identity by 05/23/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.

What happens if the verification takes beyond 05/23/2023.

Thank you.

Hi Lokesh,

I checked your account, and you've already completed the verification process. You may log into your account to check. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members