🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: ID Verification Badge - Continuing Techni...
Page options
mikecates
Community Member

ID Verification Badge - Continuing Technical Error.

Hi!  

I've been having some difficulty in uploading my driver license to receive the ID verification badge.  I've tried for several weeks and continue to get an error message as shown below;

zHHINQ0.png

After speaking to support,  I realized that used a short version of my name, 'Mike' vs what's on my ID, 'Michael' and thought that this is what could be preventing me from verification.  Yet after changing to my legal name, I am still unable to upload my ID for verification without seeing this error.  What are some options I can take advantage of to rectify this issue?  I've already tried clearing cookies and cache, as well as using multiple computers and higher resolutions of my ID.  

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have already verified my identity and also completed a video verification successfully few months before but I'm not able to see the Verified badge on my profile. Currently I'm top rated and meet all the eligibility. Please help!

Hi Rajat,

When you become eligible, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with our team for a short video call. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks! I have already completed the verification process and successfully passed it few months ago. Do I have to do it again? And what is the eligibility criteria for this?

Hi Rajat,

Yes, once you become eligible for the badge you will need to submit a valid government ID and finish our short video verification process again. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths