cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ID Verification has been denied

Roman T Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 9

On verification request I sent the necessary documents (passport and bank statement) and received this response:

Unfortunately, the statement that you submitted is unacceptable.
We need another statement to complete your identity verification. Acceptable statement types are Bank Statements or Utility Bills only.

I tried to prove to Customer Support that my document meets all the requirements (it contains my name and my address), but got no response. 

I submitted the documents again, but just received a same message that the statement  is rejected. 

The worst thing is that I did not get an explanation what a thing in my bank statement resulted in its rejection. To start accounts in all banks in my city and try to submit their statments and just hope that they are acceptable - it seems to me not a good way.

I can not send a utility bill, because it contains the name of the owner of the apartment I rented, not my name - this is quite a common situation in my country.

Financial transactions on my odesk account have been limited since April 5 (3 weeks). And ID Verification process lasts since April 14 (2 weeks). As you can see, so far I have been very patient.

All this is very frustrating and demotivates me very much.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Sadan M Member Since: Sep 3, 2010
2 of 9

Roman,

The billing address on your bank account statement should be exactly identical to that on your oDesk account. Even a minor difference will not be accepted by oDesk customer support. Can you confirm if it is exactly the same ?

Second thing  you can always provide the lease agreement with utility bill as verification document. It will be accebtable because the lease agreement will have your name and the owner name which will be same on the utility bill confirming that you are renting that place. The lease agreement needs to be in English language 

If for some reason if the lease agreement is not in English than ask your appartment owenr to provide you with a letter in English stating that you are renting this place. Get it notarized from local police station and submit it with a utility bill as part of ID verification.

Ace Contributor
Sadak N Member Since: Jan 30, 2010
3 of 9

What about your national ID card? 

4 of 9

national ID (international passport) was accepted

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 9

Hi Roman,

Sorry to hear about issues with your ID verification. I will follow up with the team and see what we can do to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
6 of 9

Valeria, thank you very much for your assistance!

Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
7 of 9

Hi Roman,

Did you sent latest bank statement?

Added: I mean a bank account with latest transaction.

8 of 9

Yes, it was latest bank statement with a list of latest transactions 

9 of 9

Thank you all for your support, especially Sadan M.

I had in my profile the address in English, but in the bank statement it was in my native language. So I made in my profile an exact copy of the address from the statement, submitted the documents, and the ID verification passed ok.

But financial transactions are still limited. Still trying to solve it with the customer support (4 weeks already).

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS