🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Verification - no email received?
Page options
karlsanada13
Community Member

ID Verification - no email received?

Hi everyone,

I have been with upwork for a very long time, but I became idle due to having a day job. I am trying to go back to do some quick work and saw that there is an ID verification now.

I already sent my ID picture, but no email was sent to me to verify through a video call. I tried clicking start chat on settings, but it only redirected me to upwork chatbot.

Is it really like this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I actually found the problem. Apparently, ublock origin is blocking the pop-up when clicking the link. Deactivating it resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karl,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please go to your Settings, on the left side click on the Identity Verification tab and from there you should see a button to start a Video Call as shown in the screenshot here. After clicking on the button, a new page should be open with a popup window inside letting you know how to proceed with the video call. If it is not working for you, could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

That's what I am clicking but it is redirecting to

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=badge-verification

and it just shows the helpdesk with chat bot support.

Hi Karl,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Is the request going to be made automatically? Or I have to do it manually?

Hi Karl,

The request is automatically for you as our agent will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Also, a copy of the email will also arrive in your mailbox.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I actually found the problem. Apparently, ublock origin is blocking the pop-up when clicking the link. Deactivating it resolves the issue.

I couldn't recive verification email on my email address
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faizan,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Could you please clarify your concern so that we can address it accordingly? 

~ Bojan
Upwork
4f104e66
Community Member

Hey Bojan! I want to verify my ID with government ID. When will I get the email to do this?

Hi Amana,

At this time, only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
4f104e66
Community Member

Hey Andrea, thank you for letting me know the requirements but this popped up on my freelancer account and I accidentally closed the tab just when I was about to verify and send ID. Is there any way it could be sent again as I did get the notification

Hi Amana,

Could it be that you may have seen the option to verify your location to apply for jobs specific only for freelancers in the U.K? To complete this step, please click on any of the job posts under U.K only. If you click on the submit proposal option, the box that will ask you to verify your location will show up. You might want to read this help article also for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1ad65293
Community Member

Hi Andrea I signed up for upwork yesterday but I am unable to get verification email or badge verification email. Kindly help me with that thanks

Hi Mudassir,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
4f104e66
Community Member

Hey Bojan sorry for bothering you but I had just recieved a notification to verify my identity through government ID but I accidentally closed the tab and now I can’t find it?

Hi Amana,

I checked, and it looks like you are not yet required to complete this step. If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4f104e66
Community Member

I was notified but closed the tab by accident
94d70e24
Community Member

When Upwork notified me of id verification?

rawha

Hi Md Abdullah,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Re: Bank account

After a long period I am back on upwork, my last name on bank account has changed.

Upwork is not accepting it, due to my name on my profile is Shahzad Murad, while on receiving bank is Shahzad Baloch. My clients know me by the name of S M, thats the reason I have kept it as it is on other freelancing sites. Kindly confirm what needs to be done as few payments would be occuring soon.

Hi Shahzad,

Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name and needs to match your payment method name as well so that our team can verify your payment method. You can update your name by going to Settings > Contact Info. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths