cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification - no email received?

Karl Christopher C Member Since: May 3, 2016
1 of 7

Hi everyone,

I have been with upwork for a very long time, but I became idle due to having a day job. I am trying to go back to do some quick work and saw that there is an ID verification now.

I already sent my ID picture, but no email was sent to me to verify through a video call. I tried clicking start chat on settings, but it only redirected me to upwork chatbot.

Is it really like this?

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2 of 7

Hi Karl,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please go to your Settings, on the left side click on the Identity Verification tab and from there you should see a button to start a Video Call as shown in the screenshot here. After clicking on the button, a new page should be open with a popup window inside letting you know how to proceed with the video call. If it is not working for you, could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
3 of 7

Hi,

That's what I am clicking but it is redirecting to

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=badge-verification

and it just shows the helpdesk with chat bot support.

4 of 7

Hi Karl,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
5 of 7

Is the request going to be made automatically? Or I have to do it manually?

6 of 7

Hi Karl,

The request is automatically for you as our agent will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Also, a copy of the email will also arrive in your mailbox.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
BEST ANSWER
7 of 7

I actually found the problem. Apparently, ublock origin is blocking the pop-up when clicking the link. Deactivating it resolves the issue.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS