🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Verification
Page options
1286006f
Community Member

ID Verification

Upwork has notified me for identity verification but my government-issued ID is scheduled to arrive around May 2022. Can I still stay at Upwork until I get my ID? Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Sunshine,

To complete the verification process, you will need to submit a government-issued ID in order to verify your identity. The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form.

• This ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address
  • Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria

Note that we cannot accept

• Student IDs, employee IDs, library cards, handwritten IDs, temporary IDs, photocopied IDs, military IDs, and health cards

You may want to read this help article to learn more. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
63b24457
Community Member

But what if the person couldn't submit his/her id in time could he/she work on upwork without verifying, or will he/she be not able to use upwork until they verify and will my money be taken from me. 

Hi Osman,

If you don’t verify your identity within 7 days of notification we will place a hold on your account. The hold will prevent you from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts and we will be happy to remove it once you’ve verified your identity.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths