🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: ID Verification
Page options
154a1247
Community Member

ID Verification

I've got my 1st contract which was about 40h/week. I have completed 16 hours. But my client is not communicating for 3 days. Now, will I get paid for the 16 hours I worked even if the client doesn't make any further communication?
3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

Arib T wrote:
I've got my 1st contract which was about 40h/week. I have completed 16 hours. But my client is not communicating for 3 days. Now, will I get paid for the 16 hours I worked even if the client doesn't make any further communication?

1. Did the client actually say specifically to you that you need to work 40 hours a week? Because that is a default max setting on the contract, and you should only work the number of hours it takes to get the work done. 

2. If you used the time tracker correctly with appropriate levels of activity and meaningful memos, you will get paid regardlesss of the client responding. However, if a client had gone dark on me, I would pause on work until they respond (and let them know I am doing so) so as not to invite a dispute in the future. 

No, he didn't say any specific number. He started the project,  gave me some instructions & gone. In his instruction he mentioned "....I need all..." I've messaged him many times but he didn't reply.

Since it was a list-building project I asked him how many items to add but as I didn't get any reply I continued adding. Now, is that bad? I mean what if I've already worked more than his budget? Will he pay me for the hours I worked or is there a way to get less paid than the initial rate?

Amanda L wrote:

Arib T wrote:

1. Did the client actually say specifically to you that you need to work 40 hours a week? Because that is a default max setting on the contract, and you should only work the number of hours it takes to get the work done. 

2. If you used the time tracker correctly with appropriate levels of activity and meaningful memos, you will get paid regardlesss of the client responding. However, if a client had gone dark on me, I would pause on work until they respond (and let them know I am doing so) so as not to invite a dispute in the future. 

Kid isn't of majority age yet, apparently. When that issue is sorted then the issue of incommunicado client can be sorted.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members