cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

shohel95
Active

Hi there,

I would like to verify my ID.  I haven't been asked for it yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Thanks much for your time.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

We'll be closing this thread from further replies due to it's size. 

Check out the following resources about  the Types of ID Verification as well as ID Verification Badge as well as this comment.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,509 REPLIES 2,509

Ahmed A wrote:

Hi 

I have tried and is still giving me the same error.

Here is the error message is bring out..

You can't make a new account for a client account (for real Upwork, this one is so obvious...same name and country and bumped his own thread lol)

Hello Jennifer 

I don't understand what you just said.

Please can you explain more to me

I want to hire someone on upwork for some work but have not been able to add my credit card.

Please explain to me what you mean and how I can get this done.

Thanks 

Hi Ahmed,

Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled

Can I have any number to contact upwork or at least an email address to contact them

I need to get my work done as soon as possible.

please help 

Hi Ahmed,

I'm sorry for the delay. One of our team members already reached out to you via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello 

My account is verified but still, I get this message when I try to withdraw my funds

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Then after this message, this notification appears on my dashboard

When I submit my ID card for the verification then it accepts my ID card but when I try to withdraw my funds then it shows me the same message.

Hi Ali,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
samad567
Active

Unable to submit proposal getting error#

This link is expired Please contact customer support to receive a new U-R-L. The U-R-L will be active for 30 days.

Hi Samad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,my name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I have recently verified my account through my national ID card and a video call with **Edited for Community Guidelines** and accordingly was assigned an identity verified badge. Then, after few hours, I was notified that some of the services are temporarily on hold since I need to verify my identity! I don't know why this is happening if all the verify steps was correctly completed. Please I need an answer, in five days my first milestone will be approved.

Hi Miguel Angel,

I checked and it looks like this is a separate process from the verification you just completed. Please click on the Get Started button in the notification to complete the verification and lift the hold on your account. You can learn more about this here.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
Hello Andrea, thank you,

I click on the GET STARTED button and the system asks me again to upload the photo of my GOVERMENT ID.

It would be the third time I've done the same thing. I'll try again to see what happens now.

Another thing, which services are suspended when my account finds in this notification state?

Hi Miguel Angel,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi again Bojan S,

I already have an idea about why my profile is suspended (considering that I sent my goverment ID 2 times and passed the visual identification). 

Please, can I have a call or chat with some of you to explain my situation. I would be very grateful, thanks. 

Hi Miguel, 

There appears to be a name mismatch in your account. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes, the problem is that when I opened my Upwork account for first time I use as full name ''Miguel Angel Roses''.

Roses is my nickname but my real last name is Rosales. So I guess when I sent my GOVERMENT ID for the verification the full name that appears in the picture is ''Miguel Angel Rosales'' not Miguel Angel Roses like in my profile, is a little mistake.

Now, I finally changed the full name in my profile. I hope that be enough for solve the problem.

Thanks.

Miguel Angel Rosales.

Hi Miguel Angel,

I checked your account, and I do not see any limitations. Are you referring to a different account? Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

No, I refer to the same account, the message still appairing in my account. Check the attachmend image.

fclingen
Active

I was requested to verify my identity 20 days ago. I was busy so I just finished. It will be no problem to verify my identity?

Hi Fred,

Please follow the instructions provided by our team here and in your email in order to complete your verification. If you need any further assistance please feel free to reply directly to your ticket with our team so they can assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea. 

I already submitted my verification.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS