cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

shohel95

Hi there,

I would like to verify my ID.  I haven't been asked for it yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Thanks much for your time.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

We'll be closing this thread from further replies due to it's size. 

Check out the following resources about  the Types of ID Verification as well as ID Verification Badge as well as this comment.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,509 REPLIES 2,509
h_haider_khan

Hi

I need to verify my identity from on Upwork platform, I used to chat with community and they had sent me a link for this but the link could'nt open at all. There is an error occurred by name Error 403 (N).

Also i want to verify my National Identity card on Upwork platform.

Hi Hamza,

Are you referring to a different account? Could you please send me a PM with more niformation so I cah check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
First you have to logout all other profile open on your browser, then go to the link.

I have Aadhar card voter ID card and PAN card but all this document does not have any expiry date but Upwork is asking me to provide expiry date documents. I do not have any expiry date document and I do not travel international so I don't have any passport and I am about 58 years old so I do not drive and that's why am I not having any driver license with me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kamna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola

Untitled
krijnmossel

Hi there,

I received an email from Upwork saying that I need to "request approval for your beneficiary name through the ID verification process."

This is likely because my bank account uses my initials (T.A.K.) and my profile uses my given name (Krijn).

The email contains a link to the ID Verification Page (https://services.odesk.com/verify/...), but unfortunately, the site can not be reached.

I also saw in the help pages that there should be an option in the left-side menu of the Settings to verify ID, but in my case, that doesn't show (see attachment).

What should be my next step?

Hi Krijn,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
elingcay

I need help, because as I go in profile settings on my account, I could not see the indentity verfication tab. what went wrong with my account?. Is it because I created this way back 2011 and not that actively engaging to send proposal?. Is there a way to make it appear?. Hope someone can help me. I want to focus now on my freelancing career.

I understand that you wish to resurrect your old freelancer profile.

Could you just try to guess what your JSS would be now if you never did a single job on this platform for 10 years.

Why would you even want to try to get your old account back? What would you benefit from doing that?

I love to land a job in this account. and If I create a new account I might get decline. But what's the best suggestion you have in my mind so that clients can notice my profile?. Do  I need to stick in this old account? or I will make a new one?

Hi Eduard,

I would like to clarify that only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola

Untitled

Now I know, thanks a lot. This is a big help I have read the instruction on how to get the identity verification button. But I got confused because this account is 11 years old with less activity on it.

Hi Eduard, 

Please know that freelancers aren't allowed to have multiple accounts, since this is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola

Untitled

hi I have made an Upwork acc like a month ago and I haven't made any gov issued id card yet, but I got my old school card, and if I don't upload my id card will upwork delete my up work account and is there any way to avoid or do anything that won't require my id card.

Hi Ikram, 

We don't have any extensions for the identity verification process. If you are not able to verify your account on the deadline specified, your account will be placed on hold. The hold will not affect any active contracts you have. You can still work, but you will need to complete the verification process before getting paid or applying to new work. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to follow-up on your ticket number: 30849546.

~ Joanne
Upwork
What if I provide my 10 grade board examination documents they are verified by our gov and all my details are there with my pic, and can I speak directly with any customer support so I can explain my situation.

Hi Ikram,

To learn more about our accepted documents, check out this Help Article. You can also access your ticket section on this link and follow up directly with our team on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
georyl25
How can I get my upwork account be verified? When I clicked on identity verification, it says I don't have an access to the page. Please help.

Sheryl M wrote:
How can I get my upwork account be verified? When I clicked on identity verification, it says I don't have an access to the page. Please help.

You asked the same question in 2019...

Identity verification costs Upwork money. As most new freelancers never actually win a contract or earn Upwork any money, they don't generally ID verify freelancers who haven't earned anything.

You've never won a contract and haven't earned any money, so ID verification is still not available to you.

niceguy56

Hello! Currently i live in Warsaw, but in pasport my adress in Minsk. Now i need confirm my profile, what should i do? Upwork says that 

• Match your Upwork profile address

I can't do that. Here i have my polish card and if i would change my address to Minsk i'll lose the opportunity to use my polish card on Upwork. How to figure out?

Hi Nice,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked with our team and can confirm that you can use the ID document you have since our team will not check address in this case. Thank you.

~ Nikola

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS