Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1191 of 1,314

Hi Naeem,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further help with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Taher O Member Since: Oct 4, 2020
1192 of 1,314

I tried a Passport document, national ID, driver's license. all failed. with no useful reasoning or feedback. 

help is much appreciated, 

thanks.

Highlighted
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
1193 of 1,314

Hi Taher,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with this. I checked with the team and they already had your verification approved. Please let me know if you need further assistance from our end.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
Highlighted
Mohamed M Member Since: Oct 5, 2020
1194 of 1,314

Good day! 

I am a Sudanese national residing in the Philippines, I was required to verify my identity. However my country does not appear on the list of issuing countries. Has anyone encountered the same issue? I'd be thankful for insights on how to resolve that. I'd be glad to know whether there are other Sudanese freelancers around here as well to share their experience. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1195 of 1,314

Hi Mohamed,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohamed M Member Since: Oct 5, 2020
1196 of 1,314

Hi Bojan! 

Thank you for the prompt response. As of now, I still haven't been contacted by your agent yet but i'm eagerly anticipating it. Thank you! 

Highlighted
Abdullah Al M Member Since: Oct 5, 2020
1197 of 1,314

I am having trouble while verifying account. My passport is expired and it is not possible to renew in this covid situation. So I choose ID. Here, I only have the soft copy that was given by our government. I was expected to get the original one in this july. But again this covid issue let them close their office. Can you please verify my account with this soft copy? Because system is rejecting that copy. Moreover, I can also send you my birth certificate, my educational certificate. passport (that is expired last year) and my national id as well.

1. How can I verify my identity in this scenario?

2. Can it be a reason to reject my proposal from clients if I'm not verified now?

Please help! Thanks.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1198 of 1,314

Hi Abdullah Al,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further in completing the verification process. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Jose M Member Since: Jul 20, 2020
1199 of 1,314

Hello,

Two days ago, Upwork asked ID verification, I did it successfully and it gave me an ID verified badge. But yesterday I got another email from Upwork that I need to do the ID verification which was weird; I tried to go through this process again though, and then immediately contacted support team in live chat.

**Edited for community guidelines**, Upwork agency, joined me and reviewed the case and asked me await 24 hrs to review this.  Today finally I got the email from him that I'll need to verify the Identification again as the submitted document is invalid.

So I did the verification twice: the first one was successful and I got the ID verified bage. Next day, Upwork asked ID verification again, I did it again, and today it said it was invalid.

The one thing I need to mention here is:  I moved out to the new location this year and so the current upwork address represents my current location and my bill has the same address as my Upwork account has. -- But my ID card has still old address.

As another Upwork agency**Edited for community guidelines**advised today, I just went ahead with the current information as is and submitted the required data through the link shared via Email.

I'm now just awaiting the update from them.

Please let me know if I did everything alright.

Also, I'd appreciate if anyone in this community can help me to successfully get verified so that I can resume the work on Upwork. 

Thank you for your time on this.

Jose

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1200 of 1,314

Hi Jose,

I checked, and it looks like you are already corresponding with one of our team members. The team will review the document you submitted and get back to you directly on the same ticket. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS