Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

Mahmoud H Member Since: Nov 8, 2019
341 of 375

Problem solved. Thanks.

Yogesh G Member Since: Feb 4, 2019
342 of 375

Hi, today i got a message stating that "Verify your Identity by 11/16/2019 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.". But i do not have a passport , But i have a driving licence and a citizenship. How can i verify my identification.

Thankyou

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
343 of 375

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you have an open ticket regarding your concern. I will follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Yordan D Member Since: Nov 11, 2016
344 of 375

Hi there,  I've passed through the same process a few weeks ago.

The customer support said that a driving license is perfectly fine. Also, you will need to have a short meeting with a representative of Upwork. Those two steps should be visible on the notification box into your profile.

Margaret G Member Since: Aug 19, 2019
345 of 375

I was sent a letter that asked me to complete ID verification. I tried but there's no item for this in my user settings. I went to the community forum and used the link provided by the moderator. After that I've got this message:

"Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support."

So I am ready to provide a photo of my passport with great pleasure but I don't know how to do this.

Thanks!

346 of 375

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked but couldn't replicate the issue and there were no problems with proposals. Could you please send us the screenshot of the error you are receiving so that we can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Anneli K Member Since: Aug 1, 2018
347 of 375

Is there a way to request an ID verification video call?

Can't find that option...

It says there are two options, loading your ID card and video phone call, but "Get started" only takes me to upload my ID, but it is against the law to scan it with social security number to the open web. 

So I'd need to identify my ID with a video call, just don't know how.

Stacey s Member Since: Nov 5, 2019
348 of 375
I need an alternative method also
349 of 375

Hi Anneli, and Stacey,

Anneli, we encourage all Upwork users to comply with applicable laws. In fact, we require you to comply with applicable laws in our Terms of Service. We don't have knowledge of the laws referenced here that make it illegal to provide identification to someone other than law enforcement. If there is a specific law that you’d like to direct us to, we’re happy to look into it.

For more information regarding the ID Verification Badge, please check out this help article

Stacey, I checked and it seems that one of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket. Feel free to follow up on the ticket if you have further questions. When everything is in one place we can be more efficient in assisting you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Stacey s Member Since: Nov 5, 2019
350 of 375
Unfortunately that support ticket was not helpful. I was asked to upload
from a computer. I replied that it wasn't working and was ignored.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS