cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
31 of 442

Hi Shehab, 

You may wait until you receive your new ID, or you can upload the file that you have. If there is an issue, the team will reach out to you to assist you further with your ID verification. 

ETA: Shehab, I had to edit my post because I failed to realise you were referring to the ID-Verification Badge.

If you cannot complete the verification process because you don’t have the needed paperwork, we will not be able to give you a badge. However, you’ll be able to try again later, and I would recommend that you do it once you have the complete documents.

You may read more about the Identity-Verification Badge here.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Shehab A Member Since: Sep 18, 2018
32 of 442

Hi,

Upwork has asked me to do this IDENTITY VERTIFICATION in order to get this badge

I already made the video call it is checked with a right sign, but concerning the Government ID

Unfortunately, I just lost my ID card 3 days ago and I went yesterday to get it back or make a new one

so, my question for now

Is it possible to take a picture of my PRINTED Government ID Instead?

Thank you

Filip V Member Since: Apr 8, 2019
33 of 442

Since Upwork offered freelancers a way to receive ID Verified Badge, I made several attempts to verify my Upwork profile, only to end in failure.

I've already gone through video verification. However, when I try to verify my government ID (passport) it always ends up with a message saying "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute." (screenshot attached)

The thing is - I tried to upload this image way more than five times in these recent two days. What could be the possible reason behind this error? Can anyone from Upwork Support help me manually if they reckon they have real "technical problem" in this process?

Thanks in advance.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
34 of 442

Hi Filip,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Milos G Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
35 of 442

Like the Subject says, 10h ago I received a so-common email prompting me to complete a video call in order to verify my identity and be able to continue using UpWork.

But the service has been unavailable whenever I tried to complete the task, for the past several hours.

EDIT: A Simple switch from Microsoft Edge to Firefox fixed the said issue

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
36 of 442

Hi Milos,

Looks like you're already communicating with our team via this support ticket regarding your concern.

Let us know if you need any further assistance afterward. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Teona M Member Since: Apr 8, 2019
37 of 442

I need to verify my identity to submit proposals but my webcam is not working. Please help to verify without a webcam 

38 of 442

Hi Teona,

Please follow up on your support ticket, which you can find here. Once you initiate the process our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about your concern.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Sonali d Member Since: May 22, 2018
39 of 442

I upwork ask me to send national id and bank staement and how i submit bank statement even i do not use net banking please help me in this matter, Can i use my passbook frontpage photo?

40 of 442

Hi Sonali,

I checked your ticket and our team has provided appropriate help article about acceptable documents for your verification process. Please post your documents using the secure link provided in your ticket, which you can find here. Please use the verification link, provided in the ticket, to initiate the process and our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about your documents concern.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS