cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

Christopher M Member Since: Nov 27, 2019
431 of 511

So, in NJ, only 10 characters are used for your first name.  Since mine is "Chistopher", my license has "Christoph".  So "Christoph" is what I ended up getting for a name when I took a photo of my license for upwork.  Fast forward to updating my payment info....I can't.  The banking details / card details has "Christopher", which is correct and this doesn't match with "Christoph" in the Upwork profile.  I submitted a help request to have the name manually updated to "Christopher".  It shows as the correct "Christopher" now, however Upwork is once again asking me to verify my ID.   Ugh, so so frustrating....

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
432 of 511

Hi Christopher,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. I checked your verification and it was successfully completed. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Kyle S Member Since: Dec 4, 2019
433 of 511

Hello, Team. I am still yet to hear about my request for manual review of my personal profile for bank account verification. I am unsure if I was able to successfully submit a ticket as I haven't heard from anyone in the support team for a couple of days now. I am transgender and haven't started the process for legal name change. I have read in help pages that Upwork will make exceptions for transgender individuals who are in the process of transitioning but have not been able to obtain a name change due to legal or other barriers. I would like to request for assistance regarding this please. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
434 of 511

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Md Tarikul I Member Since: Mar 13, 2016
435 of 511

Actually I have migrated to my new work place, therefore I opened a new bank account with my new residing address. So how can I proof that information match with my bank account ? I have Government Issue National ID card that holds my updated address too.

What I should I do to pass my ID verification

436 of 511

Hi Md Tarikul,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Berdibek K Member Since: Dec 4, 2019
437 of 511
Hello to all. I have a question. How to pass verification if I don’t have a verification section?
438 of 511

Hi Berdibek,

Currently, you aren't required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future. Meantime, you can check these help articles for more information about the verification processes on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
439 of 511

Hi Miguel, 

I checked your account and can see that you are being requested to complete a Government ID verification. Please know that on Upwork, you may periodically requested to verify your account as part of our efforts to make sure that the marketplace is safe for all users of the website. This is also noted in the Upwork User Agreement, Section 1.6 Identity and Location Verification where it says that - 

"When you register for an Account and from time to time thereafter, your Account will be subject to verification, including, but not limited to, validation against third-party databases or the verification of one or more official government or legal documents that confirm your identity, your location, and your ability to act on behalf of your business on Upwork... When requested, you must timely provide us with complete information about yourself and your business, which includes, but is not limited to, providing official government or legal documents."

You may also refer to this help article for more information on the different verification processes we have on Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
Miguel C Member Since: Oct 21, 2019
440 of 511

I do need please with this, I wen through a process of verification before, showed my passport, made the video call and I gained my identity batch, but I sign into my new iPad and then I have a warning that some feature may be off for now until I verify my identity...I don't understand, does anybody know why is this happening? It causes me some anxiety, please if anybody knows what to do...let me know, thank you so much.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS