Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Emma M Member Since: Jun 29, 2019
481 of 1,207

So yay time to verify my ID. Upload drivers license 4 or 5 times - each time "unable to verify". Now it is sitting with the verification team and I will get an answer within 1 business day. Anyone else provided less than a week to upload their ID, and then have to wait around (likely because it isn't a US ID and therefore in a completely different layout)? Essentially if there is an issue, I'll have maybe 2-3 days to sort it out before my account is cut off.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
482 of 1,207

Ugh! Not happy to read this. I have to upload my ID and get everything turned around by Tuesday (or do we get to count only business days in our 7-days or else?)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
483 of 1,207

Welp. I made it (I think). Fingers crossed. 

Highlighted
Spyridon L Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
484 of 1,207
uploaded the one side of my id without signature and photo. Also completed video call yesterday.
Highlighted
Spyridon L Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
485 of 1,207
the photograph of my ID i uploaded was not accepted, so I tried uploading the other side of My ID,
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
486 of 1,207

Hi Spyridon,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and your ID has been approved. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Scott R Member Since: Dec 10, 2018
487 of 1,207

Hi Upwork Team.

I am Scott Ritter.

I have been using this platform for over 10 years since it was Elance-oDesk.

Yesterday, Upwork suspended my account and said they want a regular ID verification check.

So I uploaded documents, but still, suspension exists!

Why Upwork works like this?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
488 of 1,207

Hi Scott,

While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. This is part of our ongoing effort to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Scott R Member Since: Dec 10, 2018
489 of 1,207
Hi there.
It has been over *24 hours after I submitted all the needed documents*.
But my account is still in suspension.
What's up?
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
490 of 1,207

Hi Scott,

I checked your account, and it looks like your suspension has already been lifted. The agent assisting you has updated your ticket to update you as well. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS