Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
51 of 375

Hi Edralyn,

Thanks for reaching out. In the process of gradually rolling out the option to add the “Identity Verified” badge, we ran into an internal bug that caused some ineligible freelancers to see the option briefly. We have removed this option and will not be able to re-add it unless you become eligible. We apologize for the confusion.

~ Riri
Edralyn V Member Since: Apr 13, 2018
52 of 375
What is the criteria to be eligible?
Niloy Ranjan Datta D Member Since: Apr 19, 2019
53 of 375

Actually i am not sure.

Niloy Ranjan Datta D Member Since: Apr 19, 2019
54 of 375

Hi

Yesterday I got a notification that identity verified badge. But today the option of identity verification is gone. I checked the settings option. I didn't find it.
So, how can I verify my Upwork profile now?

Thanks.

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
55 of 375

Hi Niloy and Edralyn,

Thank you for your interest in adding the badge — at this time, only invited freelancers are eligible to get the “Identity Verified” badge, though we do plan to expand this program in the future. When you become eligible, we will definitely notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Riri
Muhammad S Member Since: Feb 17, 2019
56 of 375

i was notified with a badget on top of my account screen that i should do Video and ID verification submitting required informations. So i just submitted my national ID photo successfully but, a couple of hours later, when i intend to start video chat, it had disappeared already. So how can i see that badget window again to verify video chat ?

Miroslav M Member Since: Apr 15, 2019
57 of 375

Hi, I had maybe same situation so I've gone to incognito mode and there was a video chat support.

Hope it helps.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
58 of 375

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for your question. In the process of gradually rolling out the option to add the “Identity Verified” badge to more freelancers, we have run into an internal bug. As a result, this option was given to more freelancers than anticipated. To correct this, some freelancers who were just invited to go through the process to get the badge might not be able to do so right now. We apologize for the premature alert; we’ll give you this option again as soon as possible if you are eligible.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Muneeb S Member Since: Jan 6, 2019
59 of 375

I was unable to initiate a video call two days back because my server connection was weak. Now I tried to do it again but I couldn't find the Identity verification option in my Settings. It just disappeared.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
60 of 375

Hi Muneeb,

Thanks for reaching out. In the process of gradually rolling out the option to add the “Identity Verified” badge, we ran into an internal bug that caused some ineligible freelancers to see the option briefly. We have removed this option and will not be able to re-add it unless you become eligible. We apologize for the confusion.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS