Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

Community Leader
Anil K Member Since: Dec 16, 2015
61 of 375

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday night I was notified with a badge on top of my account screen that I should do Video and ID verification by submitting the required information. But after uploading my ID, Upwork through the error.

error.png

And later Identity Verification option vanished from the setting section as well.

After that I contacted the customer care and here are the updates:

Update 1:

Thank you for contacting Upwork Support.

You may submit:

• Passport

• Driving License

Best practices for images include:

• Do not crop or alter your image

• Ensure all four corners of your ID are visible

• The image should be clear and match the information on your Upwork account

• The ID should be valid (not expired or temporary)

Once you are ready to resend your ID, access your Upwork account and under Settings-> Identity Verification you can choose to upload the ID once again.

Once the ID is accepted, you will be able to proceed to the next step to complete identity verification and obtain the profile badge.

Heartbreaking Cat Sad Update 2:

I understand that the Identity Verification section is no longer under Settings. 

There was an error in our system and some notifications were displayed by mistake. We apologize for any confusion. If you’re ever eligible in the future you’ll see an invite to verify.

So guys don't spend your weekend on this "Identity Verification " badge.

Have a happy long weekend. 

Cheers

Uplift Upwork Visual Style : Add-on
Link Removed
Alex A Member Since: Mar 25, 2019
62 of 375

I got the notification to verify my identity in order to be given the verification badge. I started the process by uploading my ID and was to get on a call with a customer service rep but I missed the call (the queue was really long and by the time I got to the front and got messages, it had skipped my mind) now I can't find the option to continue in my settings page.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
63 of 375

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out to us. In the process of gradually rolling out the option to add the “Identity Verified” badge to more freelancers, we have run into an internal bug. As a result, this option was given to more freelancers than anticipated. To correct this, some freelancers who were just invited to go through the process to get the badge might not be able to do so right now. We apologize for the premature alert; we’ll give you this option again as soon as possible if you are eligible.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Mary France F Member Since: Apr 20, 2019
64 of 375

got a notification the other night that I can already verify my identity but wasnt able to upload photos and now it is missing

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
65 of 375

Hi Mary France,

At this time, only invited freelancers are eligible to get the “Identity Verified” badge, though we do plan to expand this program in the future. When you become eligible, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

In the process of gradually rolling out ID badges to more users, there was a hiccup which mistakenly rolled the option out to more users than our system can handle. To maintain a seamless quality verification experience, we have rolled this back for the users who were added prematurely. We apologize for the confusion.

Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri
Jane O Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
66 of 375

Issue:

My phone output for my id card is 96 dpi, can I convert the picture online to make it 200 dpi as it is your requirements for this identity badge? And please provide the link for the identification or where can I upload my id.

Thanks in advance.

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
67 of 375

Hi Jane,

I have moved your post to this thread as this is related. Please see previous responses.

Thanks for reaching out to us. In the process of gradually rolling out the option to add the “Identity Verified” badge to more freelancers, we have run into an internal bug. As a result, this option was given to more freelancers than anticipated. To correct this, some freelancers who were just invited to go through the process to get the badge might not be able to do so right now. We apologize for the premature alert; we’ll give you this option again as soon as possible if you are eligible.

Let us know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri
Noor A Member Since: Oct 20, 2018
68 of 375

Why still not showing "Identity Verified Badge" on my profile even i have submitted "ID" and have done video call already on 2018-12-17?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
69 of 375

Noor A wrote:

Why still not showing "Identity Verified Badge" on my profile even i have submitted "ID" and have done video call already on 2018-12-17?

Because Upwork claim that this "verify your identity with ID documents and a video call and get a blue tick" stuff is somehow different to the previous "verify your identity with ID documents and a video call" process.

So you won't get a blue tick unless you are invited to go through the whole thing AGAIN.

I was not only fully verified twice, I even had a background check done.

Yet they STILL expect me to go through that nonsense again just to get some stupid blue ticky-badge and I am so irrited and offended by that - I am going to ignore it and they can take their blue tick badge and do whatever they like with it. Upwork know perfectly well who I am and I have jumped through enough hoops.

Noor A Member Since: Oct 20, 2018
70 of 375

Petra R.

I agree with you. even i have got notification about this verification twice but when i get stared here was no option for again verfication as my Identity was already done. Upwork have all information about each profile so they need to just put new things on profiles of freelancers if want to update it, it's really a offenssive  to repeating things which have done already.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS