cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID Verification

mhmd0409
Mohamed G Member Since: Dec 14, 2019
741 of 2,240

After i got the verification badge , my id got back for reviewing again and i have that message at the top of my feed ..  Verify your Identity by 10/29/2019 UTC to continue winning jobs

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
742 of 2,240

Hi Mohamed,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
christinxaviour
Christin X Member Since: Oct 12, 2019
743 of 2,240

Hi sir,

I've been facing this issue since long time ie; I can't see identity verification tab on my profile  please help me.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
744 of 2,240

Christin X wrote:

I've been facing this issue since long time ie; I can't see identity verification tab on my profile  please help me.

Unless you have been contacted and asked to verify your identity, there is no need and no way to do so.

ID verification costs Upwork money, and most new freelancers never win a contract and never generate any income, so it would be a waste of money to ID-verify freelancers before they start earning. That's why there is no tab to do so for people who haven't started earning.

shelvi_mahetar
Shelvi M Member Since: Oct 30, 2020
745 of 2,240

hello sir i got my first upwork project and now upwork asking me for identity verification but verification page did not displaying id types. it is totally blank please help only one day is left to verify my id. i have try to search "adhar" and "voter id", "election card" etc, but it displays nothing or not having option there.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
746 of 2,240

Hi Shelvi,

You will need to click on the green arrow where it says "Select ID type" in order to be able to proceed. Once you`ve selected the type of ID you prefer, you will need to upload it as well. To learn more about our accepted documents, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jricoupwork
John Michael R Member Since: Dec 18, 2019
747 of 2,240

I'm unable to update the name on the ID Verification tab. I forgot to put my surname and now my account is temporarily on hold. Please help me modify the name on ID verification because I'll be needing that to receive my salary. Thank you!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
748 of 2,240

Hi John,

I checked your account and can confirm that your ID was approved and the hold on your account was removed. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jricoupwork
John Michael R Member Since: Dec 18, 2019
749 of 2,240
My account is still on hold. I also need to update my full name from John
Michael to John Michael Rico. Here is the screenshot below for reference.

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
750 of 2,240

Hi John, 

I checked your account and it doesn't seem like there is a hold placed on your account. Are you seeing a notification that informs you about an account hold? 

Also, if you need to update your name, you can do so by going to your Contact Info page and updating your name from there. If the team finds any irregularities with your name change request, they will reach out to you directly with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS