🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: ID Verified Not Working
Page options
monicashelton13
Community Member

ID Verified Not Working

I get notice a have until August 14th to verify my identity.  I upload my passport.  I do the video chat.  I get told that I'm ID verified and I'm getting a badge.  So, I go to bid.  Suddenly, I have to verify RIGHT NOW or I can't do a proposal.  I try and upload my passport and now I have done the maximum number of tries and I have to wait on customer service.  What?  

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Monica, 

I checked your account and can see that you are referring to two types of verification. One was for the the ID Verifcation Badge which help make sure Upwork is a professional, secure marketplace that clients, freelancers, and agencies can trust.

The other verification you are referring to is the location verification, which, once verified, gives you the opportunity to bid for jobs that have a location requirement. It looks like both have already been resolved. If you still need further assistance, let us know, and our team will be happy to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear Avery, Can you please help with a similar Verify ID problem?

Today I received an email asking me to go through the Verify ID process or my account may be frozen. When I click the link, the Verify ID screen flashes for a few seconds but then it goes to my regular feed. 

This happens in both Chrome and Safari.

I tried the bot but it was too frustrating.

Best,

Rob McKenzie

Hi Rob,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Could you also try clearing your cache and cookies? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I cleared caches and cookies. It does not make a difference in Chrome. And now I am frozen out of Firefox even after verifying that I am human!!!!

Thank you for the confirmation, Rob.

Our team will update your ticket with number 28254382 and assist you further as soon as possible. 

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members