🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID card verification
Page options
samina-hashim
Community Member

ID card verification

Hi 

Samina is here

I belong to Pakistan and my id card is in made in Urdu language, I want to verify my Id so clients should have more trust in me.

My friends are telling me that if you send your Id card pics, the Upwork team will never understand the language and they ll block your id, I got nervous upset,  what to do next as I can't afford this as I just do online work for my livings. I hope you ll understand my problem and send me the best solution

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
alanhorenstein
Community Member

While you wait for an answer from the moderators, Samina, let me assure you that Upwork has thousands of successful freelancers here from Pakistan.  If Upwork needs to verify an Urdu ID, or a Chinese or Hebrew ID, they'll get it done.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samina, 

I would like to assure you that having your ID in another language will not be an issue. As long as it is an officially issued government-ID, and it has not been tampered with, or the photo of your ID that you send us is not edited in any way, this will not be an issue. If your ID raises any concerns on the team's end, you should receive an email with more information. 

Let me know if you go through any issues when you go through verification this page of your Upwork account so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
farrukh_abdur
Community Member

You can send your ID card to Upwork. There will be no language problem. Your ID card should show the information, your picture clearly and is not edited in anyway. Upwork verification process is good and fast.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members