cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID verification but can I keep my chosen name?

djbillings
DJ B Member Since: Feb 23, 2018
1 of 4

I'm happy to upload my ID for verification, but I would like my name to stay the same as I originally chose. I have personal reasons for not using my full name but using my first two initals instead. Is this possible?

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 4

Hello DJ,

Yes. It is possible. You may read this article to help you with your concern. Thank you!

Untitled
djbillings
DJ B Member Since: Feb 23, 2018
3 of 4

Thanks, Ryan. I'm not sure that article addresses my question. The name on my ID is different from the name I want to use when working with clients. When I then verify using my ID, won't it change my name to the one on my ID?

For example, if the name on my ID is "David Joseph," can I use "D.J." on the site in my profile?

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Hello DJ,

Sorry for the confusion. No, your name won't be changed to what's on your ID. As stated in the article I have posted in my reply, you must use your real, verifiable name according to Upwork's Terms of Service. "DJ" are the initials of your first name which is a verifiable one. If you will add your bank account as your payment method, this may take 48 hours for us to approve. Thank you.

Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS