🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID verification
Page options
ac1ed599
Community Member

ID verification

Hi. i uploaded an art photo on my profile innitially (i didnt know that was not allowed). and now i have to verify my identity so i wanted to change the profile photo but i cant till my identity has been verified (i have submitted my documents and the selfie). Is there going to be a problem with the verification because of the photo i put? what can i do?

2 REPLIES 2
578814d6
Community Member

No, there should not be any problem with the verification process because of the photo you initially put up. The verification process is designed to make sure you are who you say you are; the photo you used to initially represent yourself is irrelevant. If you want to change your profile photo before your identity is verified, you can go ahead and do that. It will not affect the verification process.

759e32fa

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If there is a problem with your verification, our team will reach out to you with instructions on how you can properly verify your account.

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members