Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMO: JSS

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1 of 54

This is solely my opinion based on my personal observations. But everyone is obsessed with stars and private feedback, so I thought I should throw it out there.

The factors that I believe are most important to JSS are long-term and repeat clients. If your clients don't say that they will recommend you to others and they don't hire you again, then you will have a hard time raising your JSS. So, this penalizes those who work one-off gigs and don't build relationships with clients or agencies who will return to them. 

Get these stats up if you want to see a healthy JSS: 

Clients who would recommend you
Long-term clients
versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 54

I don't know.

Clients who would recommend you: 95%
Long-term clients: 17%
JSS: 96%

And 96% is recent, a long dormant contract and one < 5 stars contract. Before this, it was 99% with the same above mentioned figures.
-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 54

The long-term client thing is elusive,though, isn't it? Because the number on the stats page can't represent 6, 12 and 24 months all.

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
4 of 54

I don't think my rate for "clients who would recommend you" has changed since they introduced the JSS. It's been at 89 and has never moved that I've noticed. The same thing for my long-term client score.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 54

Yep ... I'm right there with similar stats:

recommend - 92%

long-term - 19%

jss - 96% - been stuck there since a 3.4 rating ages ago

I don't lose sleep over any of these numbers - it is what it is

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
6 of 54

The JSS is like a game of Snakes and Ladders; all is well till a snake gets us.

Sooner or later, some snake is going to get us, short one or long one; all we can do is roll the dice and hope for the best. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
7 of 54

I don't think long-term clients contribute all that much to the JSS. I currently only have 11% (stuck at 9%-11% for months).

Also, we know they are a positive factor, but not having them isn't considered a negative.

My recommend rate is 94% - that hasn't changed in ages either.

My JSS also hasn't budged in a long time.

ETA: "clients who would recommend you" is part of the private feedback.

miroslav84
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
8 of 54

Note that recommend rates update after  every 5 jobs or so have been closed by the client. My RR is just 56% and the LT is 25% but the JSS is 94% And the RR has not changed since the times my JSS was in low 80s. In meantime I think I had 3 jobs closed, so the actual rate may be higher now but ihas not been announced yet as I miss enough closed jobs for it. 

Also, one's RR and JSS may not utilize the same timeframe. As far as I've heard it uses 12 months timeframe only. Something similar applies to that longterm client calculation.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
9 of 54

@Miroslav M wrote:

Note that recommend rates update after  every 5 jobs or so have been closed by the client. My RR is just 56% and the LT is 25% but the JSS is 94% And the RR has not changed since the times my JSS was in low 80s. In meantime I think I had 3 jobs closed, so the actual rate may be higher now but ihas not been announced yet as I miss enough closed jobs for it. 

Also, one's RR and JSS may not utilize the same timeframe. As far as I've heard it uses 12 months timeframe only. Something similar applies to that longterm client calculation.

There's more odd than that to the way it's calculated. The rate of clients who would recommend me recently changed from 94% to 95%. But, I've only had 14 unique clients, so it is mathematically impossible for either 94% or 95% of them to have said they'd recommend me.

miroslav84
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
10 of 54

Probably it means simply that values greater than 7 on the Recommend scalea aren't weighed equally. So an 8 would have a lesser impact than a 9, which would again have a lesser impact than a 10.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS