Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMO: JSS

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
11 of 54

@Miroslav M wrote:

Probably it means simply that values greater than 7 on the Recommend scalea aren't weighed equally. So an 8 would have a lesser impact than a 9, which would again have a lesser impact than a 10.

That would make a lot of sense if it weren't called "percent of clients who would recommend you". As it stands, if that's how they're calculating it, the label is patently false.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 54

I've got 30% repeat clients for my stats and I'm not really sure how it's calculated. It never goes up or down and it's been that way for what feels like forever. A majority of my work is the same contracts from the same customers. I would think it'd be much higher recently for me, but I dunno. My JSS went up to 97% a month ago so I'm happy with that.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
13 of 54

My repeat business score is at 17% and it never moved as far as I remember. Even after more repeat business came. Go figure.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
miroslav84
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
14 of 54

uhm, well, maybe it even depends on client reputation or job values...

for above...the long term rates for me were 25% since I moved the profile over to Elance and had some 15 jobs. Now I have 34 jobs and the thingy never changed. All the other metrics on My Stats had moments of rising and/or falling, even that Recommend rate was at worrying 42% at the moment when my JSS was 100% but it kept growing when JSS was floating between 80% and 85%. These metrics seem to be manipulated ny gremlins somewhere deep inside Upwork servers Smiley Happy

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
15 of 54

@Miroslav M wrote:

uhm, well, maybe it even depends on client reputation or job values...

I think you are right about the 1-10 numbers. I think the drop off happens at some point where it's considered OK and then BAM if you get like a 5 it hits you hard. 

In my lifetime on elance/upwork, I'm pretty sure I've only gotten 1 "1" for recommended and that was almost 2 years ago and will drop off totally soon. yay In elance numbers, it cut me from a level 10 to a level 5, so it killed my level but luckily in elance years the level didn't matter except for invites.

56% recommended is really low, bro. I think that's what's holding you back from being in the high 90's. 

miroslav84
Community Guru
16 of 54

Jennifer M wrote: 

56% recommended is really low, bro. I think that's what's holding you back from being in the high 90's. 

read my edit above, I had 42% while my JSS was 100% it was right after moving over from E, that transition was clearly not impeccable when it comes to personal stats replication.

versailles
Community Guru
17 of 54

@Miroslav M wrote:

Jennifer M wrote: 

read my edit above, I had 42% while my JSS was 100% it was right after moving over from E, that transition was clearly not impeccable when it comes to personal stats replication.

Still there is an issue with your recommended score. 56% is extremely low. Either there is a bug, or there is something that you could change at your end.

-----------
miroslav84
Community Guru
18 of 54

In meantime, it grew to 47% and my JSS dwindled to 88% and later 80%, Two or three months ago it grew to 56 while the JSS was around 85%,  And it turned out that my JSS was low owing to a refund from escrow, and later by my experiment with closing dead Elance jobs on my own which I did early April. Right after it fell off the 6 month timeframe the JSS returned to 90s. 

Hence it is almost certainly some bug with Elance migration. 

versailles
Community Guru
19 of 54

@Miroslav M wrote:

Hence it is almost certainly some bug with Elance migration. 

You should open a ticket and see what happens.

-----------
miroslav84
Community Guru
20 of 54

Thanks for your insight, but can this be a red flag for clients, I mean since in my case (at least) it has little relation to the JSS? Do clients even see it the way we do?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS