Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMO: JSS

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
21 of 54

Nobody sees those stats, but it's possible it drives the invite algorithm.

miroslav84
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
22 of 54

Great discovery, Jennifer, since I keep receiving an extremely low amount of invites, its been roughly a month since the last one. I was wondering why on earth is that, I used to receive a lot of these back on Elance. Thanks again!

lysis10
Community Guru
23 of 54

@Miroslav M wrote:

Great discovery, Jennifer, since I keep receiving an extremely low amount of invites, its been roughly a month since the last one. I was wondering why on earth is that, I used to receive a lot of these back on Elance. Thanks again!

It's just a guess, of course. Smiley Happy

A month with no invite is pretty bad. I don't get a lot but I'd say 10-20 maybe a week. Prolly closer to 10 I think.

Have you been bidding in the open marketplace? I truly think this is how they measure "activity" at least a little bit.

miroslav84
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
24 of 54

I do but recently I've become very picky so I struggle to spend more than half of Connects on the Basic plan. Interestingly, while most invites were less or more irrelevant, some Saturday in August I received two legitimate invites for jobs paying $100+ per article, and at that time I was a Plus member. Perhaps they increase visibility for those who pay for membership...

Overall I believe Upwork is exceeding a bit trying to keep these algorithms secret.

lysis10
Community Guru
25 of 54

@Miroslav M wrote:

read my edit above, I had 42% while my JSS was 100% it was right after moving over from E, that transition was clearly not impeccable when it comes to personal stats replication.

oh ok my bad I missed that part. Mine never moves from 90%. I think it was 91% once but that's it.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
26 of 54

Clients who'd recommend me: 90%

Long-term clients: 36%

JSS: recently 100%

The first two stats have barely changed since the beginning, yet my JSS fluctuates (although not dramatically), so I don't think they are the most important factors.

ashcul90
Ace Contributor
Ashley C Member Since: Jul 19, 2016
27 of 54

I think it's the star rating and how enthusiastically your clients would recommend you in the private feedback. 

I was Rising Talent and then 100% the entire time I've been on Upwork, with all five-star feedback and clients who I'm pretty sure gave me a 9 or 10 for the "recommend" question. I also had two contracts that I had to end and never received feedback for that didn't impact my JSS.

Then I worked with one client who gave me 4.8 stars instead of five. It still says that 100% of my clients would recommend me, but I'm guessing he wasn't enthusiastic enough to give me an 8 or 9, and my JSS dropped five points to 95%. 

I don't have any long-term clients (at least not the way Upwork counts them), but I haven't been here for long.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
BEST ANSWER
28 of 54

I think it is only in the algo"rhythmic" rhyme or reason. Last month, my JSS dropped dramatically from 100%  to 92% - recommend went to 95%. I closed a seriously ancient contract and the JSS went back up to 100% . I currently have 100% JSS, 95% client recommend and 50% ongoing clients.

I only look because I hate to see unclosed circles. Otherwise, I have given up speculating - particularly as everything could go completely pear-shaped next Sunday and the circle could open up again!

View solution in original post

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
29 of 54

Today's update: I have a single member agency. My active clients are all agency clients, though I am the freelancer. On my freelancer only account, three of my last 4 contracts left no feedback. As far as I know that is the only activity on the freelancer-only side. My JSS dropped from 98 to 95. On my agency account, with my long-term clients, I have a 100% JSS. The only other change during this JSS calculation is that I made myself unavailable to new clients. 

So, I guess if I want to keep my freelancer account going well, I need to get a client and make sure they leave feedback! (It is possible that a "good" client of my freelancer only account fell off our was less-weighted for this score as I've just passed the 12 month mark.)

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
30 of 54

Ah! Now I see what else happened, my total long-term clients dropped from 20% to 19%. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS