Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMO: JSS

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
51 of 54

Feb 5 stats.png

So the long-term clients went up. But my clients who would recommend dropped a point. And... the JSS stayed the same. 

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
52 of 54

Mid-year update:

My long-term client percentage was above 50% for a few JSS cycles and my JSS rose to 99%. In the past 6 weeks, I close out a few contracts with no feedback and also closed a few with feedback. But, my long-term client percentage dropped to 42%. This week, my JSS is at 98. 

Just another data point to add to the puzzle. : )

joseperez16
Jose P Member Since: Oct 27, 2016
53 of 54

I would just like to share my recent experience here. I was top rated-100% JSS and then, overnight, it dropped to 88%JSS and no longer top rated becuase of the 90% requirment. I've had a customer that's been with me since the first week that I joined, approximately 6 months now and it doesn't appear that this affected my score that much.

What happened to me was that I learned (the hard way) to not let clients that don't know(or don't care) what they are doing hire me for a one time project on an hourly contract and then not have them end it then request feedback and a rating while I'm still fresh in their minds. I also think the rating system is kind of **Edited for Community Guidelines** but I understand there has to be something in place otherwise this website may as well be Craigslist.  

I think the longterm contract should hold more weight because that's the one I've made the most money off of and spent the most hours on. It would be great if Upwork  let our clients give us a "review" so to speak; like we would get at any other long term job. So, the moral of the story I guess is always make sure your customers give you feedback and end the contracts as soon as it's not needed. 

Smiley Indifferent

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
54 of 54

I hope you are wrong, Tonya, because my projects often take multiple months to complete and are typically only undertaken by a company once every few years, if that often. I don't expect multiple projects from any of my clients.

If a client has to re-hire me soon after a project is completed, it would probably be to fix something incorrect in the original project. This never happened. I make minor corrections to my work at no cost to a client if an error or omission is discovered after a project is complete or the client has simply changed their mind about a certain minor aspect of the original project.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS