🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » INCREASE IN SCAMMER CLIENT JOB ON UPWORK
Page options
innovative-i
Community Member

INCREASE IN SCAMMER CLIENT JOB ON UPWORK

Hi Upwworkers, 
I have came across 3 clients in a month where client job looks good, payment is verified . And they as you to send message on telegram. And today one same incident happened.. when i texted him that i won't work outside Upwork he used bad language.  Why such a huge platform making easy for scammers to fool designer .

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Hema,

I'm sorry to learn about the disappointing experiences you had with clients. It's really great to hear that you're aware that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I've shared your report with our Trust & Safety team for further review. They will surely look closer into these suspicious job posts and take action accordingly if necessary. Our teams are working to address the situation around scam and spam jobs, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts, and gaps in user education around Upwork TOS and safety. Additionally, I assure you that we'll continue sharing your feedback with the team and providing updates to the Community about the team's initiatives.

We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here. Additionally, you may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
alicela
Community Member

Researching the client niche, gathering samples from the portfolio, and really spending the necessary time to write a correct and helpful proposal. Then, happiness when you get an answer from the client...

Suddenly, in 2nd message, they are asking for money or selling a service. 

We didn't pay Freelancer Plus for this!

alicela
Community Member

Maybe this could be a solution. 

Verified payment mean nothing, sorry. Verifitation is $2 + few clicks.

Some hired before is more useful, long registered time as well.

Yes‚ really frustrating.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members