🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: ISSUE REGARDING THE LAST NAME OR SURNAME ...
Page options
krishk_2019
Community Member

ISSUE REGARDING THE LAST NAME OR SURNAME ON UPWORK

Dear Upwork Community,

I'm having trouble while setting up my payment method on Upwork. I don't have a "Last name" or "Surname" in any of my personal identity proof and I don't have a "Last name" or "Surname" on my bank account too. I use just a first name "Kishan" as my official name everywhere.
Due to the last name issue I'm unable to set up my withdraw and payment method on Upwork.

I'm searching for a live freelancer support team from a month to discuss this issue so I can start working on Upwork as a freelancer but due to this issue I'm unable to upgrade my Upwork "Basic plan" to "Plus membership"

I hope you can understand and help me with this issue as soon as possible. I'm waiting here for your response.

Thanking You

9 REPLIES 9
timefighter11
Community Member

Kishan K wrote:

Dear Upwork Community,

I'm having trouble while setting up my payment method on Upwork. I don't have a "Last name" or "Surname" in any of my personal identity proof and I don't have a "Last name" or "Surname" on my bank account too. I use just a first name "Kishan" as my official name everywhere.
Due to the last name issue I'm unable to set up my withdraw and payment method on Upwork.

I'm searching for a live freelancer support team from a month to discuss this issue so I can start working on Upwork as a freelancer but due to this issue I'm unable to upgrade my Upwork "Basic plan" to "Plus membership"

I hope you can understand and help me with this issue as soon as possible. I'm waiting here for your response.

Thanking You

Email at **Edited for Community Guidelines**

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kishan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You can use your formal salutation in the First Name field. The system would know you as Mr. or Mrs. Kishan. If you have any further questions feel free to follow up here and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Aleksandar D,

Thank you for your reply.

So I have to change my name from "Kishan Kumar" to "Mr. Kishan" to fix this issue?

Because i don't have a last name in any of my identity proof. I used "Kumar" word as a last name just to create account on upwork because they don't let me sign up without the "Last name".

Hi Kishan,

Thank you for following up. In that case, yes, you should change your name to Mr. Kishan.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksander,

This is the same issue happening with me. Can I change my name to Miss Shivani

Hi Shivani,

You can use a formal salutation as your First Name and you can use your name for the Last Name. You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Shivani,

Yes you should Change your name to Miss Shivani if you don't have a Last
name or Surname.

Thank you
Kishan

I am unable to add my Billing Method, it says "that your bank was unable verify the billing info". It's not my debit card. And the person whose debit card I am using  doesn't  have a last name so I put "Ms. Khushi" instead of just "Khushi" . Although it worked. But after putting the OTP. It says that your Bank was unable to verify the info.  I think it has something to do with the last name as apart from that, all other details were correct. Please help!!

Hi Harsh,

I checked and it looks like the decline error was from your issuing bank. You may need to reach out to them to verify the specific decline error. You can also use a different billing method. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths