cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Idea] We need a milestone system like the one on Elance!

Saeeda A Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
1 of 4

Hi,

There's one feature on Elance that I can't imagine working without with my clients, so I was hoping you guys add a similar feature to Upwork - It's the milestones creating and funding system. Now I can just create as many milestones as I need with description of the work they are for, and the client later on reviews/approves/funds/releasess them. I find this a very convenient way of working. But on Upwork on the other hand, the milestone system is not very practical. Only employer can add milestones in which case I have to ask them to add them all the time, esp if the work load is not determined beforehand, which will be rather annoying to ask them each time as apposed to adding them myself and they approving of them after I submit work.

Please do consider this feature and I hope to see it on Upwork soon.

Thank you

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
2 of 4

I agree. Upwork also needs to get rid of the client's ability to add milestones without the freelancer having to approve them. I decide if I'm going to do another milestone, not the client.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Nebojsa D Member Since: Oct 10, 2015
3 of 4

Why is an excellent option that worked well on Elance canceled?

This creates a problem for me and my employer.

Instead of simply add a milestone, I need to call  the employer to do that.

Given that we are working on a daily basis, she should add several new milestones every day for daily completed tasks, which is tedious.

If UpWork not change this, my employer will move on to another platform, because this takes too much of her time.

Please re-enable this option!

Thanks.

Dusan L Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
4 of 4

I agree on this. This system here is frustrating. Here is a message I posted long time ago:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Suggestion-for-milestones/td-p/100554/jump-to/first-unre...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS