Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Idea about unresponsive clients

Highlighted
Active Member
Husain P Member Since: Mar 8, 2018
1 of 6
Hello Everyone!

I am here with an idea to solve the issue of Unresponsive Clients

It is very frustrating to see constantly decreasing JSS due to contracts without any activity.

So save profiles of all the helpless freelancers there, I have a great idea!

Upwork should create new policy.
Under this policy, if there is any ideal contract (without any activity, milestones etc.)
Freelancer can submit request to close the contract to Upwork.
Now Client has 14 days to review or respond to this request.
If the client doesn't respond to the request in this time period, Upwork will automatically treat that contract as a successfull and will give 5 star to the Freelancer.

What do you think about it? Let's Discuss!

Best Regards,
Husain Patanwala
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

Husain P wrote:
Hello Everyone!

I am here with an idea to solve the issue of Unresponsive Clients

It is very frustrating to see constantly decreasing JSS due to contracts without any activity.


Your JSS is not decreasing due to unresponsive clients or contracts without activity. Contracts without activity do not hurt your JSS provided money has been paid undder them and you do not have a huge percentage of such contracts (which you do not).

 

If clients don't respond after the work was done and paid for, simply end the contract yourself.

 

Your JSS is generally (with very few exceptions) hurt by poor private feedback and by contracts that never led to any earnings (ever). 

Highlighted
Active Member
Husain P Member Since: Mar 8, 2018
3 of 6
Contracts without any activity have negative impacts on your JSS. You have not faced this because you have large work history.

If the contract remains active for long time without any activity hurts the jss.

A friend of mine has very good work history(10-15 contracts) but due to the contracts without any activity, his jss fell from 94 to 83.

And the second thing, i don't have any question about this topic, i am here to share my idea.

Thanks!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

Husain P wrote:
Contracts without any activity have negative impacts on your JSS.

No, they do not provided money was paid and you don't have a whole lot of them, which you do not.

 


Husain P wrote:
If the contract remains active for long time without any activity hurts the jss.

 

No, it does not, provided money was paid and you don't have a whole lot of them, which you do not.

 

Your JSS is dropping because of private feedback.

 


Husain P wrote:

And the second thing, i don't have any question about this topic, i am here to share my idea

There is no need for your idea. Freelancers should not be given 5 star feedback automatically if clients are unresponsive, and there is no need because freelancers can close contracts themselves from their end at any time.

Highlighted
Active Member
Husain P Member Since: Mar 8, 2018
5 of 6
Well he doesn't has any private feedback. .

And if we close multiple contracts by ourselves, it also has negative impact on our jss. Kindly correct your fact with upwork team.

Thank you!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 6

Husain P wrote:
Well he doesn't has any private feedback.

Of course he does. Every contract closed by a client or where the client left any feedback, WILL have private feedback.

 


Husain P wrote:
And if we close multiple contracts by ourselves, it also has negative impact on our jss.

Don't close a whole bunch of contracts at the same time. Close the oldest, wait a few contracts, close another and so on. But even that has no impact. I can show you a profile with 80% +++ contracts closed with no feedback and a 100% JSS.

 


Husain P wrote:
A friend of mine has very good work history(10-15 contracts) but due to the contracts without any activity, his jss fell from 94 to 83.

you don't know that. You assume that, and your assumption is wrong.

 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS