🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Identity Badge
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Sayed,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Feel free to check out this help article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rafaella36
Community Member

I have problems with the upload of my ID card . I am a European citizen . I live in Greece what I have to do?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafaella,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
minhtuan0601
Community Member

Hi!

I have created my upwork account from about 1 year ago. At this time, my account status still did not has ID Verification Badge yet. I have searched for solution here https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010609234-ID-Verification-Badge but the ID verification is not exist in account settings and not reachable using link.

Please help me how to get ID Verification Badge! Thank you!

Hi Minh Tuan,

You're not currently eligible for the ID Verification BadgeOnce you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1d538715
Community Member

Identity Verification is hidden. I am failed to find can you please solve it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it doesn’t look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
86f3f23b
Community Member

Hello,i'm a freelancer from Myanmar. I had my first job at upwork and completed, then i am asked to verify my account. The notification says "Action required: Verify your identity by 10/27/2021 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork". So if i fail in verifying my account, is that means i cant get any job more? And i would like to know does upwork accept Myanmar national id as the required document? because Myanmar national id isbwritten in burmese and i tried to verify my payoneer account by national id and they didnt accept. I dont have any passport or driving license so is there any other document i can use for the verification. Thank you

Hi Phone,

To learn more about our accepted documents, check out this Help Article.

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
akgomez70
Community Member

I have my first contract and have been trying to verify my ID. I've tried uploading my passport and my Texa driver's license via the app on my phone and via my laptop, but I keep receiving the attached error.IMG_2039.jpg

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angela,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jakir_tasnim
Community Member

I cannot find ID verification seciton in my settings, how can I verify my profile? And how can know if I am eligible for ID verification process ? What are the requirements?

Hi Tasnim, 

At the moment you don't have any pending verification. Once you're eligible to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
anastassiawalsh
Community Member

I have not receievd a prompt to verify my ID yet

When you have to verify, they will send you a notice.
Until then, you can't do it.

petra_r
Community Member

Rachael W wrote:

I have not receievd a prompt to verify my ID yet

No need to post the same question twice...

ID verification costs money.

Most new hopefuls on Upwork never win a single contract or earn a single Dollar, so spending money on them is not financially sensible.

Most freelancers are asked to verify their identity after they start earning money.

as a community "Guru" stating that most new "hopefuls" never earn a single contract or earn a single dollar is pretty silly. It would suffice to just answer the question. If i posted the question twice...so what???]

Rachael W wrote:

stating that most new "hopefuls" never earn a single contract or earn a single dollar is pretty silly. 

You have a problem with facts?

Rachael W wrote:

It would suffice to just answer the question. 

I answered your question.

c4b43c69
Community Member

Hi Support Team, 
I have a problem with ID verification. They told me that I need to verify my identity by 10/28/2021 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. But when I came to verify my identity they said that 
"We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue." 
Can you help me with that? 
Thank you,
Khang

Hello Khang,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while completing ID verification. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
243363a1
Community Member

I've got an ID verification requirement from Upwork (via both web page and email), but when I clicked on "Get started", it showed a notification "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue." What should I do? My due date is October 29, 2021

Hi Mai,

Could you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to start the verification process? If you're still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V.

I've tried  all of these 2 ways but they weren't work for both. Please tell me how to deal with this problem since I have just 7 days left to verify my ID

Hi Mai,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I asked Upwork team for help before but haven't got the solution.
I've completed verifying my ID document (the confirmation mail is attached below), but please let me know how to make Visual verification. Upwork is still notifying me that "Action required: Verify your identity by 10/29/2021 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started." However, when I clicked Get Started, it showed a message that " We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue."

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mai,

I checked and it looks like you were able to complete video verification. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
minar15
Community Member

Hi,

I am Midul Hossen.

I am new on Upwork and I am from Bangladesh.

Recently I have been notified that I have to Verify My account with the National ID card and a picture.

Now the problem is, I don't have any physical Nation ID card and Passport Yet.

I have a National ID card Online details provided by the government office. I have sent these details already but got rejected. I am going to get the national ID card in January. But I don't have any other details right now. What Can I do to verify my account now?

Please help me . Thanks in advance

Regards,

Midul

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Midul,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
515ee1fe
Community Member

I'm unable to verify my Identity. Please Help me in this Regard

Hi Hamza,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verificaiton process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6bd3fdcd
Community Member

Hello!

I am new here in Upwork. I would like to ask if how can I get the identity verification badge for my profile? I can't find it on my settings. 

Your help would be greatly appreaciated.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Flora

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Flora, 

We’re slowly rolling this badge out to all freelancers over the next few months. Once you become eligible for this badge, you’ll be notified when you log into Upwork.

You’ll then be asked to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with us for a short video call. You may read more about the ID Verification Badge here for more information.

~ Avery
Upwork
f8a32896
Community Member

After accepting my first contract I was asked to verify my identity. No big deal except my ID does not have my new address and I did not realize this was an issue until after I sent it in. I get a notification that I have the identity verified badge but I have a hold on my account. I sent in a picture of my SSN as that was another option, I also received a notification for that method as well. I am aware I might need to wait 24 hours for the hold to go away, but at this point I do t trust if I’ve completed this step or not. When attempting to chat or email with support the help bot breaks down and I can’t get in contact with support. Can anyone help?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

It looks like the team reached out to you through this ticket. Please don't hesitate to reply on the ticket link or through the email address associated with your account so that the team handling your case can assist you further. 

In the future, you can access all your support tickets on this page or through your email inbox. 

~ Avery
Upwork
taseen_s
Community Member

Hi,
Hope you are well.
I need to verify my account.Please let me know the procedure of it.

Thank You

Hi Taseen,

At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e75849a9
Community Member

I've done all my verifications like ID and Visual in 2019. But still, I can't see the verification badges on my profile.

Hi Muhammad,

When you open your profile you can view your ID verification badge next to your name. The badge is already awarded on your profile and clients can view it. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mohamedali-ahmed
Community Member

Hi There. I already completed the identity verification steps and did the video call. After few minutes I earned the badge. I understand Upwork will ask frequently to upload the ID, I have no issues with that. They requested me to submit the ID again but the problem is I can't found my issuing country anymore when I tried to upload and also for my Upwork account I used my first name and last name as written on the site but In my passport, my full name includes a middle name. I always use my first name and last name for all legal documents. I need help with this problem.
Thanks.

Hi Mohamedali,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members