🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Identity Verification Badge
Page options
rahmantobibur70
Community Member

Identity Verification Badge

I've Successfully verified my ID on 2019-04-25, but not get any link to my email or not invite me for video chat/call, and not get the Identity Verification Badge on my profile.

please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tobibur, 

I would like to clarify that you are not meant to receive an email for this verification. When you click on the Start Chat button, you should be redirected to another page, where a pop-up chat window should appear. Please make sure that you do not have pop-up blockers on your browser so that you are able to initiate the verification, and the chat window appears. If nothing happens when you click on the "Start chat," let us know and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
ahmad-afnan
Community Member

it's ok don't worry about it. Somtime upwork can't send you message.

Your id is verified now you can start jobs.

nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Tobibur,

Have you tried clicking "Start Chat?" If you're getting an error please check this help article.  Let me know if you need anything else. 

image.png

~ Riri

Hi Riri,

I tried it 3/4 time, but not get any link on my email

Thanks and regards

Tobibur

Hi Tobibur, 

I would like to clarify that you are not meant to receive an email for this verification. When you click on the Start Chat button, you should be redirected to another page, where a pop-up chat window should appear. Please make sure that you do not have pop-up blockers on your browser so that you are able to initiate the verification, and the chat window appears. If nothing happens when you click on the "Start chat," let us know and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,
Thanks you very much for your clear description.

I got the badge on my profile.

Thanks and regards,

Tobibur

205f4e0c
Community Member

Hi Avery
I don't have Identity verification button in my profile settings.
How can I get identity verification badge?

Regards,

Nataliia

Hi Nataliia,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account and you will be able to see the Identity verification tab on your account.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Freelancers!

I don't have Identity verification button in my profile settings.
How can I get identity verification badge?

Regards,

Chad

prestonzen
Community Member

Hello!

I created account in March, 2018.

I could notice that other profiles have id badge but I don't know how to get it. Have not received any email relevant to identity badge so far.

It would be appreciated if you can assist me.

Thanks

Hi Preston,

To submit your documents for the ID verified badge, please log in to your account and go to settings> Identity verification. Please provide the requested information and then complete the short video call to complete the process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, thank you for the quick follow up even at weekend.

I tried to find the place where I can verify at settings page as you mentioned, but no success.

What can I do in this case?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Preston

Hi Preston,

Right now, we are gradually rolling out this requirement. If you are currently eligible or required to earn the badge, freelancers currently will fall into one of three groups:

1. Freelancers who have received an email/account notification letting them know that they are required to earn the badge
  2. Freelancers who have received an email/account notification letting them know they are eligible to earn the badge, but it’s not yet a requirement for them
  3. Freelancers who have received no notifications to earn the badge because they are not yet required or eligible to earn the badge

For more information please see help article.

~ Riri

Hi Riri, 

I understand that you will send the email when it is required. I also understand that I can still send proposal with the current status of my profile.

However, having a verified badge really does make a difference, i had made my account longer than an acquaintance of mine and had more experience than her but she got verified and got client and i still have none. The only difference we had is that her account had a verified badge and mine doesn't.

Can you please be clear of when is the time a freelancer can be required for ID verification? or if i can request to have this? I already bought connects, so i dont want to waste more money if client is preferring having a  verified badge account.

Thanks

Hi Maribeth,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process

Thank you,
~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members