🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Identity Verification Request and Hold
Page options
cec2d8be
Community Member

Identity Verification Request and Hold

I keep getting an alert that says my ID needs to be verified by 3/18/21. When I click on the alert it says everything has been verified. I just want to make sure that my ability to apply for jobs is not being impeded.

Thank you,

Ryan

38 REPLIES 38
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
arman3186
Community Member

jacintakim
Community Member

Hello,

I have verified myself weeks ago but still seem to get the pop up that I need to verify myself. I just got an email now that my account is suspended as I didn’t verify? This is really annoying. Can someone help
me please and solve this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kim,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team just updated your profile and the badge is now awarded on your profile as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks. What about my submitted proposals? Can you please resubmit them? Or
at least give my connect back?

I keep getting an alert that says my ID needs to be verified by 3/18/21. When I click on the alert it says everything has been verified.My account is suspended.
Please help

Thank you,
thesavagedoc
Community Member

Hello!

Would really appreciate if any of the admins could unhold my account?

I verified my account prior to starting any work but kept seeing the "Please verify your account" message. I thought it was just a visual bug so I ignored it seeing as this was what I was seeing on the identity verification page. (See photo below)

I didn't realize it would hold my account when I requested for my funds. I'm clueless as how to fix it seeing as I'm already verified and I don't think there's a way to un-verify then re-verify my account. 

Would really appreciate any help on this!

aubreygaviola
Community Member

I'm also got my account on hold after being successfully verified with identity verification process. May I know what are the next things I need to do?

danish_sharjeel
Community Member

Hi there,

I have already successfully verified my account both visual and gov. id but I still got an email that my account has been suspended. I'm trying to reach Upwork support but I can't find a way. I'm new and this is my first private contract on Upwork. Please help me how I can solve this issue.

Hi Paolo, Aubrey and Danish,

Your badges were awarded on your profiles and you can continue sending proposals and work on your contracts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
wamiqmunir
Community Member

Hi, my account got suspended saying I didn't verify my identity. I did verfied my Identity about 15 days ago. How do I solve this?

Identity-verification.png

Hi Wamiq and Harits,

Your badges are now awarded on your profiles, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
01094f96
Community Member

Hello,

My Account was suspended even though it says It had been verified. I think this looks like a bug. I hope you could help me fix my account. Thank you.

gatelakathleen
Community Member

Hi. My Account was suspended even though it says It had been verified. I hope you could help me fix my account. Thank you.

ae695f1b
Community Member

It’s happened to me too. Please help

fethibkt
Community Member

Hello,

I had upload my government ID Card on upwork plus visual verification on 11-03-2021.

and when I had check the next day they told me that my id "Successfully verified", But today i receive an email told me that my account got suspended beacuse of "Identity verification"

catalyictech
Community Member

Greetings 
               10 days ago I have got a message from Upwork that I need to verify my identity and I did, first of all, I type my first and last name my DOB, and click on next then it shows that I need to take selfie so I did via my phone and screen showed that it will take a 1 business day to verification. now my account is suspended and it says I need to verify my identity I did it again but I don't know what to do next please help me.

decalrachelle
Community Member

Hi, I receive an email just now It says that my Upwork account is temporarily suspended that I didn't verify my identity, but I did verify it, I don't know what to do? will this affect my active proposals? How should I solve this issue? 

decalrachelle
Community Member

Hi it's still under review the ID I sent before March 16

bb363e6a
Community Member

Hello,

I am relatively new to Upwork and need help.
Upon logging in today, I see that my account is temporarily suspended because I did not verify my identity. My problem is that my identity was indeed verified on March 15. What can I do to get my account back?

upwork-identity-verification.PNG

luubna
Community Member

Hello, my account got suspended. It says that I didn't verify my identity, but I did verify it earlier this month! I don't know what to do? will this affect my active proposals? How should I solve this issue? 

Thanks!

Account verification.PNG

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Loubna,

Our team just updated your profile and the ID badge is awarded on your profile as well. If further help is needed, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, My Account is saying the same thing and has been suspended due to it saying I haven't verified my identitty, but I can confirm I have verified my identity, I have attached the screenshot below showing my account verification. The problem keeps occuring and send me immediate action needed when I have already completed it. 

Thanks Bailey. 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I apologize for the frustration the recently placed hold on your account created. I'd like to confirm our team is looking into your reports and we'll provide an update as soon as possible. In the meantime,
if you haven't completed the requested verification process again feel free to re-verify or let us know here if you need further assistance. We're working with our team and each of you should see that the hold has been removed and the ID badge is displayed on your profile. Please feel free to follow up if you need help with your account/verification status.

We'll make sure to reach out to each of you with an update and issue Connects credit for proposals that might have been cancelled due to the hold placed on your account, in case the hold has been placed incorrectly.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I already verify my identity (both ID verification and visual verification show success), but I still get an email about I need to verify my identity and my account has been suspended. What should I do? Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yihui,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. It looks like our team already fixed this. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assitance. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
abbasfateh
Community Member

After doing everything verified my account still on hold.
There is nothing pending verification but syill on hold
Please help

I have successfully verified my identify last week, but received an email this morning saying my account is on hold because I haven't verified.  Please help! 

Hi Abbas and Lisa,

Our team will update your accounts as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Seems it revolved my saying require 3 day to use new payment method
momoko-nakamura
Community Member

Hello! 

I'm relatively new to Upwork so this might be an easy fix. I completed my ID verification on March 12th (it says so on my profile page), however, I got an email saying that I failed to complete it and now my account is temporarily suspended. What am I supposed to do? 

Thanks!

8d543c8b
Community Member

I'm unsure if this is where we create a support ticket. My account has been temporarily suspended because it says I need to verify my identity. All of this has been completed no later than 3/17. It also states that my financial transactions are limited. I've already entered in my information and am unclear as to where to go from here. Help!

Hi Samantha,

I've escalated this to our team. Rest assured that our team is working to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
paulcanz
Community Member

Hello,

when I log in I saw that all of the proposals already gone/ close I don't know what happens, and then I was hoping that all of the connects that I use to send to the proposal will be return but still zero no connects have returned?

hoping for an answer thank you

Hi Paulsheen,

I checked your account and it looks like you were previously requested to complete the ID verification process; however, you were unable to complete it. Please complete it as soon as possible by logging in to your account and going to settings. Please know that Connects are returned under the following cases:

• If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to the freelancer or agency. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to the freelancer or agency.
~ Joanne
Upwork
paulcanz
Community Member

hello

very thank you for reaching out but I already done it last week ID
verification, but it always pop-up

Hi Paulsheen,

I checked, and it looks like the team has already reached out to you regarding the verification process. Please check your ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
paulcanz
Community Member

Yes thank you for the humble response and I also check my connects, and
already replace ,
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members