Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: i am transgender and i dont feel comfortable using my deadname

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
71 of 109

Hi Jade,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
mmichaelh
Michael H Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
72 of 109

So I'm the same as everyone else here. I go by Michael, but when I tried to set up my payment information there was, of course, a mismatch. Who should I contact?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
73 of 109

Hi Michael,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
rskidmore
Ryan S Member Since: May 23, 2020
74 of 109

Ah thank you Smiley Happy

maeanwar
Mae A Member Since: Sep 27, 2020
75 of 109

hi, i am transgender and i don't feel comfortable using my deadname. upwork demand official id verification and it is hard for transgender people in egypt as is to change our names on official documents. i can send the official document and verify that it's me via video call. but, is it possible for upwork as an inclusive community to help me not use my dead name on the platform here? thank you.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
76 of 109

Hi Mae,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for your name and ID verification concern. I will follow up with the team and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
02d0d362
Lazarus T Member Since: Oct 15, 2020
77 of 109

I'm a transgender freelancer and I'd also like to use my preferred name as much as possible with clients. Thank you for any help you can provide!

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
78 of 109

Hi Lazarus,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
philipballew
Phylis B Member Since: Feb 8, 2018
79 of 109

I have recently changed my name and gender, (male to a female). My current user id is my old name. Now that I am no longer that name, but I am a new name, is it possible to change the user id to "my new name" instead of the current "dead name"? I do not believe it would be appropriate for transgender women to have their old name as their user id.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
80 of 109

Hi Philip,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS