cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Trans User Unable to Find Link to Request support.

rrshepard
Rebecca S Member Since: Jun 10, 2020
61 of 109

Hi there--

I used upwork a couple of years back and am just returning now. In the interim I have udnergone a gender transition and would like to update my new legal name, email, and gender marker accordingly. I'm wondering what the best way to go about this is?

Thanks!

Finn

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
62 of 109

Hi  Rebecca,

You can edit your account information anytime in your Settings> Contact Info. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e88e51e0
Flyn S Member Since: Mar 22, 2021
63 of 109
Hi there everyone,

So after attempting to connect my payment methods I realized that since my given name does not match the name on my bank account, I've researched what I can do to amend this.

The community rules state if you are transgender this problem can be dealt with manually by contacting the support desk or help center. The community chat bot confirmed this. However everytime I try to open a link or find said help desk, I end up at the community page.

Does anyone know where I can make a request to have this amended? Thank you in advance!
e88e51e0
Flyn S Member Since: Mar 22, 2021
64 of 109
hoping to fix this as soon as I am able.
bstojadinovic
65 of 109

Hi Flyn,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused! It looks like you have an open ticket with our support team about this concern. I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
amanda_santini
Amanda S Member Since: Mar 22, 2021
66 of 109

Hi. I'm a 3D Artist from Brazil and I want to take my first job here. However, I've seen that video verification is mandatory. I'm transgender and I haven't yet started my transition and it would be hard for me to verify via video because of my gender dysphoria. Is there some other way I can verify my identity? I can provide my government-issued ID's no problem. Regards,Amanda

bstojadinovic
67 of 109

Hi Amanda,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
clay-slang
Clay S Member Since: Nov 10, 2019
68 of 109

Hello, I have the same question! Can I please receive some support? Thank you!

bstojadinovic
69 of 109

Hi Clay,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jmatiasbell
Antonia Jade M Member Since: May 17, 2020
70 of 109

Hello! I have the same issue as the other respondents in this thread. I'm a transgender freelancer who would prefer not to publicly display my legal name. Could you please send me a support ticket? Thanks!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS