cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification When Transgender

Vivian S Member Since: Jul 5, 2018
1 of 44

Hi, I'm a transgender freelancer who would like to verify that I live in the US, but I don't want to use my legal name for obvious reasons and would rather use my preferred name. Is there any way I could get verified while still using my preferred name? Thanks.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 44

You certainly can, Vivian. We'll have somebody reach out to you directly with more information on how to complete your location verification.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Julie R Member Since: Oct 12, 2018
3 of 44

Hi I have the same issue. Can someone with upwork contact me about this?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 44

Hi Julie,

Of course, one of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with this. Thank you.

Untitled
Isabella C Member Since: Oct 31, 2018
5 of 44

Please contact me as well, I am having the same issue. Thank you!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 44

Hi  Isabella,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Gabriela G Member Since: Jan 17, 2018
7 of 44

Hello! I'm transgender and would like to change my name also. What can I do?

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
8 of 44

Hi Gabriela,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Lev K Member Since: Mar 8, 2018
9 of 44

Hello!
Please contact me as well, I am having the same issue. Thank you!

I want to let you know that my name in ID  and in Upwork profile are different because I’m a transgender. Unfortunately, my documents are not changed yet to meet my gender identity. It's a long and complicated process in my country. I really hope that a Upwork marketplace is a tolerant place for people of any gender identity. Thanks for understanding.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 44

Hi Lev,

We'll definitely be able to accommodate your request and assist you with verifying your identity. Please send me a private message by clicking on my photo to confirm you're referring to the verification process related to getting the identity verification badge on your profile, and I'll follow up to advise you further.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS