cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification When Transgender

curve-design
Uros T Member Since: Feb 3, 2021
11 of 113
I have the same problem. I already replied back on the email to the person who notified me about having to confirm my identity and I now have 6 days left.
I asked if I could use my preferred name on display instead of my legal one.
They said "Please note that you cannot use: Mr. / Mrs., initials, company and fictitious names instead of your real/preferred names."
What does this mean now? Can I use my preferred name or no? Please someone help. Thabk you.
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
12 of 113

Hi Uros,

I'd recommend that you please follow the instruction that the team has shared with you on your ticket, and if you need further clarifications, please reply to the ticket so the team can assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4f9adfc2
Phoenix M Member Since: Jan 13, 2021
13 of 113
I am also having this issue, please help!
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
14 of 113

Hi Phoenix,

I've escalated your request to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kyshnirenko_lev
Lev K Member Since: Mar 8, 2018
15 of 113

Hello!
Please contact me as well, I am having the same issue. Thank you!

I want to let you know that my name in ID  and in Upwork profile are different because I’m a transgender. Unfortunately, my documents are not changed yet to meet my gender identity. It's a long and complicated process in my country. I really hope that a Upwork marketplace is a tolerant place for people of any gender identity. Thanks for understanding.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 113

Hi Lev,

We'll definitely be able to accommodate your request and assist you with verifying your identity. Please send me a private message by clicking on my photo to confirm you're referring to the verification process related to getting the identity verification badge on your profile, and I'll follow up to advise you further.

Untitled
sonjia-starling
Sonjia S Member Since: Apr 25, 2019
17 of 113
Can I get someone to reach out to me as well. I just submitted my verification documents and need to use my preferred name as well. Thanks
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
18 of 113

Sure, Sonjia. I'll send your account information with the team so that they can get in touch with you and assist you with your verification. 

ETA: Looks like the team has reached out to you through a support ticket already. Let us know if you go through any issues and our team will be happy to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
kvanantw
Kay V Member Since: Aug 5, 2019
19 of 113

Glad I found this thread, I have the exact same situation (usefully enough my preferred name, Kay, is the first letter of my legal name since I had a large body of work before I came out). Could someone get in touch with me about this as well? Glad to hear you guys are good about this, I was almost in tears when I read it because I've learned to expect terrible treatment about this. 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
20 of 113

Hi Kay, 

I'm glad to know that you find some form of comfort on this thread. Heart

I will go ahead and share your account information with the team so that someone can get in touch with you and assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS