cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification When Transgender

75feadc7
Natalie B Member Since: Mar 25, 2020
31 of 109

Clearing cache and cookies, as well as trying to log in on another browser does not work. Obviously this is an administrative error, not a matter of browser storage. Please fix this.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
32 of 109

I apologize for the delay and confusion on our part, Natalie. I see that while your ID badge issue had been resolved, the issue with the name on the bank account was still present and that's what you were referring to. Checked with the team and the issue with the name on your bank account has now been resolved. You'll still need to verify your bank account by entering two small amounts you got on your statement when you added the bank account to your Upwork account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
5b29d981
Keke B Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
33 of 109

Hey, 

I'm having issues verifying my name on the withdrawal method because of the same reasoning as this thread's respondants. Can I please recieve some assistance?

Thank you. 

~ Keke

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
34 of 109

Thank you for reaching out to us, Keke.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
maximchr
Maximilian C Member Since: May 21, 2019
35 of 109

Since this seems to be the right place to ask: Could I receive a corresponding ticket as well?
I'm still on here with my dead name and such; it would be great if I could change it!

Thanks in advance!

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
36 of 109

Hi there!

I hope it was okay that I didn't use your dead name. Robot Happy I went ahead and shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you with changing your name on your Upwork account. 

-Avery
Untitled
j_edward
Jo L Member Since: Jun 1, 2019
37 of 109

Hi, I have the same question. I'm non-binary and haven't used my dead name in years. I've actually avoided using Upwork because I see my legal name every time. I just tried to change my name earlier, and it's under review. I'm really glad I found this thread and am pleased to see the response.

The name that's visible now is my dead name.

nyrrielatienza
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
38 of 109

Hi there,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
hello_nate
Nate G Member Since: Apr 6, 2019
39 of 109

I'm transgender and need my dead name to not appear on my profile page. Any assitance would be great. Thank you.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
40 of 109

Hi there!

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS