cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification When Transgender

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
41 of 51

Thank you for reaching out to us, Charlie.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Charlie F Member Since: Sep 25, 2019
42 of 51

I contacted support about my status as a transgender freelancer and was told via email:

**Edited for community guidelines**

The wesbite article however says:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Can anyone help me with this? 

Highlighted
43 of 51

Hi Charlie,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mary O Member Since: Dec 19, 2019
44 of 51

Hello. I'm transgender. Changing my legal name is a long, complicated, and expensive process. I use the name "Milo" on all personal and professional communications, and the only people who know the name "Mary" are my medical providers and...Upwork clients. I've been trying for months to get my name changed to Milo. I see that you've helped other transgender freelancers with this issue (https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Identity-Verification-When-Transgender/td-p/505526/page/...) but everyone I've spoken to so far has been unwilling to help. Can someone please help me get my name changed on Upwork?

Highlighted
45 of 51

Hi Mary,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Erin W Member Since: Jan 25, 2020
46 of 51

Hi. I just linked my bank account information with Upwork to get paid for my future jobs. I'm a transgender and I have a name mismatch as the name appears on my bank account is different with my preferred name. I'm aware I have to contact a support to request for a manual name review but I can't figure out how. Please help. Thank you.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
47 of 51

Hi Erin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Sev V Member Since: Feb 3, 2020
48 of 51
Hi there,

I have the same concern. May I request assistance as well?
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
49 of 51

Hi Sev, 

I've shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Clay S Member Since: Nov 10, 2019
50 of 51

Hello, I have the same question! Can I please receive some support? Thank you!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS