Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification When Transgender

rrshepard
Rebecca S Member Since: Jun 10, 2020
61 of 113

Hi there--

I used upwork a couple of years back and am just returning now. In the interim I have udnergone a gender transition and would like to update my new legal name, email, and gender marker accordingly. I'm wondering what the best way to go about this is?

Thanks!

Finn

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
62 of 113

Hi  Rebecca,

You can edit your account information anytime in your Settings> Contact Info. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e88e51e0
Flyn S Member Since: Mar 22, 2021
63 of 113
Hi there everyone,

So after attempting to connect my payment methods I realized that since my given name does not match the name on my bank account, I've researched what I can do to amend this.

The community rules state if you are transgender this problem can be dealt with manually by contacting the support desk or help center. The community chat bot confirmed this. However everytime I try to open a link or find said help desk, I end up at the community page.

Does anyone know where I can make a request to have this amended? Thank you in advance!
e88e51e0
Flyn S Member Since: Mar 22, 2021
64 of 113
hoping to fix this as soon as I am able.
bstojadinovic
65 of 113

Hi Flyn,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused! It looks like you have an open ticket with our support team about this concern. I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
amanda_santini
Amanda S Member Since: Mar 22, 2021
66 of 113

Hi. I'm a 3D Artist from Brazil and I want to take my first job here. However, I've seen that video verification is mandatory. I'm transgender and I haven't yet started my transition and it would be hard for me to verify via video because of my gender dysphoria. Is there some other way I can verify my identity? I can provide my government-issued ID's no problem. Regards,Amanda

bstojadinovic
67 of 113

Hi Amanda,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
warrior2
Samuel G Member Since: May 13, 2021
68 of 113

Hello!
So, long story short, I'm transgender, and my ID has a different name than the one I have registered here. I am on the way of changing my legal name right now, but in order to get paid I know I have to upload my ID and link my PayPal account, and both have my ID name.
Is there any issue with this? I read about it somewhere the first day I logged in, but I can't seem to find that info again. Any help would be much appreciated, I already got paid for one job and I have to upload my info soon.

bstojadinovic
69 of 113

Thank you for reaching out to us, Samuel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
em4555
Elso M Member Since: May 27, 2021
70 of 113

I sent the required ID but I don't have bills at my name which could make verification harder. I'm sure if I could only explain to them or have a conversation where I can send more specific data instead of just sending documents that would be good, otherwise I'm not sure what to do not to have my account disabled after those 24 hours. I have the last conversation through Upwork before getting a job tomorrow and I may not have time to fix this. I haven't worked in a while and can't risk losing this opportunity. If anyone has any idea how I could go about this I would really appreciate it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS