🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
f_maken
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hello Members I just receive a notification from Upwork, and my present laptop don't have a camera, is there any time limit for the verification, Or can I submit my ID only ``Get an Identity Verified badge to help build trust with your clients. Get started.``

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much 

View solution in original post

91 REPLIES 91
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aliyu,

There's no limit for when to start the verification process. The process has two steps: submitting an ID and finishing our short video verification process. Once you`re ready please go to Settings > Identity Verification and click on the green Get Start button. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much 

hello, now am ready to verify but there is no more verification , in my settings 

Hi Goran,

Identity gumb disappeared in my settings, It was there in the morning but now it disappears. What should I do now?  The same problem is on my wife's profile? Hope you have a solution? thnx

Hi everyone,

In the process of gradually rolling out ID badges to more users, there was a hiccup which mistakenly rolled the option out to more users than our system can handle. To maintain a seamless quality verification experience, we have rolled this back for the users who were added prematurely. We apologize for the confusion.

-Lena

Untitled

Upwork cannot manage the available virtual badges yet we are supposed to trust them with our ID info?

same here.

Hi everyone, yesterday night i was notified with a badget on top of my account screen that i should do Video and ID verification submitting required informations. So i just submitted my national ID photo successfully but, a couple of hours later, when i intend to start video chat, it had disappeared already. So how can i see that badget window again to verify video chat ?

Exactly what happened to me

Good evening. I cannot find the link to upload my ID verification and video verification.. Please help me. Thank you.

Hi Marelie,

Currently, only invited freelancers are eligible to get the “Identity Verified” badge, though we do plan to expand this program in the future. When you become eligible, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I submitted my NYC ID and my location is MD, as a result, I did receive a "We were unable to authenticate your ID" email. Now there is no "Identity Verification" item in my settings menu under my profile!  What should I do now?

Hi Mahdi, 

The Customer Support team will get in touch with you to assist you with your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I did this already then get an email today to do again. This is ridiculous! I went through all of the steps already, did a video chat said I was getting a badge, never did now asking me to do this all over. No I will not, just close my freelancer account.

Hi Tami,

I understand your frustration with this and would like to confirm that trust and safety are our priority on Upwork. Based on various indicators freelancers may occasionally be asked to verify the information on their profiles again. Please, follow the link in your notification to connect with our team and complete your verification.

If you would like to close your account, please follow the steps provided in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I've been trying to verify my phone number when setting up my account. However, every time I press the button nothing happens. Please help

Hi Trina,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

My Identity is not in English, It is in Sinhala. How can I verify the Identity?

Thanks

Actually i have faced one scenario where one of my agency manager completed the verification process and still upwork suspended the profile. he submitted all the genuine documents again but of no use

f_maken
Community Member

I want to verify my identity now, but identity disappear in my settings now, It was there in the morning but now it disappears.

hamza_mr
Community Member

Earlier today i got notification to verify my identity But i was busy at that time.Now I am trying but can't find identity verification option in the settings.

Same here... Can anybody help me? Thnx.

mdfoysal76
Community Member

Hello 

This is Md Foysal Alam from Bangladesh. I want to verify my profile through video calling. Please give a link to verify my profile with video calling to upwork agent. 

Hi, Md Foysal A

In my case, Upwork support required to verify via video calling.

If you are required to complete phone verification, they will be informed by email.

md_shahrear42
Community Member

I got notified to ID verification today in the morning in order to get a verified badge. But now I can't find any option to do it.

andhernandez015
Community Member

Hi.

When I logged in my Upwork, I saw the notification for Identity Badge, but when I refresh my page, it is gone. How can I see it so that I can make a video call and provide my ID?

hassaan979
Community Member

I recieved action alert for ID Verification through video today on Upwork Desktop site but was not able to perform the action due to some reason. Now, I want to get the link for video verification but i am unable to find the link. Please Help!

nicksoucy
Community Member

Hello,

last night the top of my profile had a pop-up link to verify my identity with an ID or video chat. This morning, that link is no longer there.

I’d like to verify my identity if it is helpful to distinguish Top Rated freelancers. I read that this is being slowly rolled out for top freelancers and I’d like to participate.

Could you provide the link again?

Thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick,

I checked your account and can confirm that everything is working as designed. 

Once you become eligible, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with our team for a short video call. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay, no problem. I’ll wait. I’m just curious why it was there last night and then disappeared?

Thanks for the reply!

Best,

Nick

Same thing happen to me 

Nick S wrote:
I’m just curious why it was there last night and then disappeared?

It was a bug / mistake, as explained here.

I have never even seen this. I know I have been verified, as my account was suspended until I did it. So I did - at midnight my time and I was very bad-tempered and in my pyjamas. I had to give my passport details (my French driving licence was not accepted) and then my account was restored.  However, I do not have the blue tick of acceptance - I wonder why?

Nichola L wrote:

However, I do not have the blue tick of acceptance - I wonder why?

Nor have I. Apparently this is a "different" process.

I honestly can not believe I am asked to do this to get a freaking blue badge. I actually find it super offensive.

I have been on the platform for 8 years, I was ID verified not even just once, but twice (once normally and once for my long term Enterprise contract.)

I even had to go through a background check on top of all that.

Upwork know exactly who the hell I am.

And now I am supposed to do another verification? For a blue tick? SERIOUSLY?

Frankly I find that so offensive that out of principle I decided that they can take their blue tick and do whatever they want with it.

I am DONE jumping through verification hoops.

I also find it annoying. Why bother freelancers with that where everything is running smoothly? All customers happy, freelancer happy, but they must create problems. So here we are. 
I hope I can get some help here. I have already submitted a copy of my passport, but this computer of mine does not have a camera nor a microphone. Now I tried to reach Upwork through my smart phone, but it was impossible. I only get a "fastwork" search result. On the smartphone google, upwork seems to be unknown. 
I am also very inexperienced using the smartphone. I basically use it just as a programmable alarm clock. 
Can anyone tell me what I have to do to reach upwork on the smartphone. It has google and android.
Thanks in advance! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gerald, 

I'm sorry to learn that this is an inconvenience for you. Kindly initiate the video-call through your computer, and let the agent know that you do not have a webcam on your computer. The agent who will be handling your call will share instructions on how you can complete the video verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for the advice, Avery. However, it is not possible to use the chat option on my computer. Your program denies a connection once it learns that my computer does not have a cam or microphone.

Hi, I need to verify my account through video call.But i haven't recieved any link on mail to complete that. Even didn't find the Action required message on my profile. But i was told on my Upwork homepage to verify my identity by this 15th July. Could you please have a look on it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fahim,

Looks like you're submitting your documents for the Identity Verification Badge, please do follow up guidelines shared in this help article, and submit required documents providing a valid government-issued ID.
If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.
Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths