cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Verification Badge

Jenny Vhie D Member Since: Apr 24, 2019
31 of 39

Hi james, there is no id verification in my setting but I already had a video call from an agent. Also, I recieved an email regarding this that it will show up some time soon and no need for Id as long as I am done with video verification. Thankyou !

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
32 of 39

Hi Jenny Vhie,

Thanks for taking the time to verify your identity. Some badges will not display immediately due to an error in our system. Our engineers are working to correct this and your badge will be added as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Nick S Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
33 of 39
Hello,

last night the top of my profile had a pop-up link to verify my identity with an ID or video chat. This morning, that link is no longer there.

I’d like to verify my identity if it is helpful to distinguish Top Rated freelancers. I read that this is being slowly rolled out for top freelancers and I’d like to participate.

Could you provide the link again?

Thanks!

Nick
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
34 of 39

Hi Nick,

I checked your account and can confirm that everything is working as designed. 

Once you become eligible, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with our team for a short video call. Thank you.

Untitled
Nick S Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
35 of 39
Okay, no problem. I’ll wait. I’m just curious why it was there last night and then disappeared?

Thanks for the reply!

Best,

Nick
Ace Contributor
Aliyu M Member Since: Apr 16, 2019
36 of 39

Same thing happen to me 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
37 of 39

Nick S wrote:
I’m just curious why it was there last night and then disappeared?

It was a bug / mistake, as explained here.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
38 of 39

I have never even seen this. I know I have been verified, as my account was suspended until I did it. So I did - at midnight my time and I was very bad-tempered and in my pyjamas. I had to give my passport details (my French driving licence was not accepted) and then my account was restored.  However, I do not have the blue tick of acceptance - I wonder why?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
39 of 39

Nichola L wrote:

However, I do not have the blue tick of acceptance - I wonder why?

Nor have I. Apparently this is a "different" process.

I honestly can not believe I am asked to do this to get a freaking blue badge. I actually find it super offensive.

I have been on the platform for 8 years, I was ID verified not even just once, but twice (once normally and once for my long term Enterprise contract.)

I even had to go through a background check on top of all that.

Upwork know exactly who the hell I am.

And now I am supposed to do another verification? For a blue tick? SERIOUSLY?

Frankly I find that so offensive that out of principle I decided that they can take their blue tick and do whatever they want with it.

I am DONE jumping through verification hoops.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS