🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Verified but don't have verification badg...
Page options
f_maken
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hello Members I just receive a notification from Upwork, and my present laptop don't have a camera, is there any time limit for the verification, Or can I submit my ID only ``Get an Identity Verified badge to help build trust with your clients. Get started.``

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much 

View solution in original post

91 REPLIES 91

Dear, You didn't get my point. I said i want to verify my identity through Video Call but didn't find any option to do that. I want to make this video call from my android. Now could u please setup everything to make a video call in order to complete the proces? Thanks in advance.           

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Fahim. While it doesn't look like you are required to complete any other verification process at the moment, your account is eligible for the ID verification badge.

In order to complete this process, please go to your Account - Settings - Identity verification and click on the Get Started button

Start this verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and then proceed meeting with us for a short video call

If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Update: 

I just managed to call Upwork on the phone. Got connected to a "Neil" who started chatting. I need like 5 minutes to type in just the question: "Can we chat on the pc?" with my thick fingers on the tiny screen. Then he asked me if I had "google meet". I don´t know. There are no labels at most of the items on the screen. Then he wrote I could contact them again when I was ready. Then I searched for "Google meet android" on the internet to maybe find out how the item would look, but I only found "hangouts meet". Why is it not possible to chat on the pc at least to cover the technical issues? 

update: Yeah! I have found "hangouts meet" and the phone shows "download pending" whatever that means. There is still hope; the adventure continues. 

Update: Managed to sign in on the phone two times with the same message :"Issues with your device" too slow or not supported. Well, before I installed hangouts meet, it was fast enough and supported. Thanks, for the hussle, upwork! 

Update: I obviously tried the wrong browser. Now I got it done using google chrome. Acc. to the man on the phone the identity verification process has been successfully concluded. Thank heaven. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing updates with us, Gerald. And I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way. Happy to know that you have completed your verification for the ID-Verification Badge!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi!! I have tried several times to verify my identity through video call but when I click the link, it goes back to the homepage immediately. Please help me do this. Thanks

Hi Ma.,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
djny2z
Community Member

my hire request me to complete the Identity Verification, but i can't find this in my profile. please help!

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Puthinat,

At this time, only invited freelancers are eligible to get the “Identity Verified” badge, though we do plan to expand this program in the future. When you become eligible, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Bojan
Upwork
djny2z
Community Member

hi Bojan,

thank you for reply

how can i become eligible?

iia-petrova
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I'm part of the Rising Talent program, and recently I was suggested to earn ID Verification badge by notification on the top of my page.

I was going to find some time and try to earn it, but now I can't see this notification anymore.

Is it possible for Upwork team to resend invitation? I want my clients to feel safe while working with me.

Thank you!

Dear Lia, take a look on your "profile settings" - "identity verification"

you have to verify your ID and make a quick videocall just for verification purposes.

Smiley Wink

ohjane07
Community Member

Hi,

When is the possible time to get the link for the badge? I really want to
be verified.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iia and Jane,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In the process of gradually rolling out the option to add the “Identity Verified” badge to more freelancers, we have run into an internal bug. As a result, this option was given to more freelancers than anticipated. To correct this, some freelancers who were just invited to go through the process to get the badge might not be able to do so right now. We apologize for the premature alert. We’ll give you this option again as soon as possible if you are eligible.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jennydigma
Community Member

I already had a video verification with an upwork agent yesterday and she sent me an email that my account is now verified but I don't see any verification badge in my profile. what should I do?

It takes a while. I had a verification calls months before they rolled out the badge and I didn't get it right away. Be patient, it will show up eventually Smiley Happy

Lila

Thanks Lila ! I also got an email for Upwork telling the same thing. I hope it will show soon Smiley LOL

I did not get the badge until I uploaded my ID. Did you provide a valid government-issued ID? 

See ID Verification Badge

Hi james, there is no id verification in my setting but I already had a video call from an agent. Also, I recieved an email regarding this that it will show up some time soon and no need for Id as long as I am done with video verification. Thankyou !

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jenny Vhie,

Thanks for taking the time to verify your identity. Some badges will not display immediately due to an error in our system. Our engineers are working to correct this and your badge will be added as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
deestock
Community Member

Highest I'm having issues with verify my ID it's telling me that my ID name and my profile name or totally different even though they are not I'm having issues with that I've tried three times I don't know what's going on if I could get some help that be nice
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi DeAnn, 

A member of the Customer Support Team  will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
danilako
Community Member

Hello. I want to verify my identity as soon as possible to avoid any problems. But when I click "Get Started" on https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/, I get an error "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.". It appers everytime. Can you say me what to do? Thanks.

Hi Danila,

I can see that you have followed up on your ticket directly and our team will assist you further as soon as possible. In the mean time please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to complete the process. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ive cleared my cache, allowed pop up, switch from safari to chrome browser. but still cant upload my ID.

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 12.09.17 AM.png

ivana_ivic
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to go through two-stage verification proccess, but every time I try to initiate it (when I try to upload my ID), I get the error:

We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.

Has anyone got the same problem? How can I solve it?

Thank you,

Ivana

Same issue, as soon as I click "Get Started" I get the error, can't even do the first step.

i am also having the same issue. i was invited on upwork by one of my client for a Ui/Ux project and now after accepting the proposal (While Contract is in the process), i am unable to do the verification. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alan, Ivana, Sanket, and Chester Allan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team together with information about the issue you're experiencing. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Identity theft is a real issue in this world and I do not like the idea of sending them my personal info.  I also do not have a camera on my computer, so I guess I have to update computers before I give Upwork my personal info.

Read the messages on just this one single thread.  Upwork cannot resolve a technical issue on an idea that they created and which is in their scope of tech work, but we are expected to trust them to keep our ID info secure for literally the rest of our lives.

re: "Identity theft is a real issue in this world and I do not like the idea of sending them my personal info."

You are not required to do so.

re: "I also do not have a camera on my computer, so I guess I have to update computers before I give Upwork my personal info."

Upwork does not require you to have a camera on your computer. I don't have a camera on my computer, either. Upwork doesn't care what computer you use to do identity verification. Borrow a computer. Go to an Internet cafe. Use a mobile device. Go to your cousin's house. Get an external web cam. There are all kinds of possibilities.

I just recieved the email asking me to verify in one week, or my account will be placed on temporary hold. I have completed the video call, now I have to upload my ID card, but it says the photo shouldn't be edited, which means I can't hide the important data in my ID card. I am willing to send a photo with my names visible, but I would hide all other info on the ID card. Can someone from the support talk about this issue? 

Hi Mariyan,

Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with number 28314329 and our team will assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
eccobogd
Community Member

Hi! I have the same problem. I have to verify my identity but the same error message appear "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute." - after i enter my birthdate, the country (Romania) is not found in that list as well no other country. Help me, please!

Hi Bogdan,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to complete the process. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I did what you recommend. Also i tried with Chrome and with Mozilla and i
receive same error message and i can't choose my country.

Thank you for the follow up, Bogdan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, My Identity is not in English, It is in Sinhala. How can I verify it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members