🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Identity Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Derrick,

I would like to clarify that only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I got 404 page here →→→ Identity Verification
https://skr.sh/sBpfFJdNh20

539a74d8
Community Member

my id is verified but blue tick is not on my profile yet 

Hi Ibrahim,

The verification process you completed did not involve receiving the ID Verification Badge. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the badge. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1a432f2f
Community Member

Greetings, I have been trying to get my ID verified but it seems all of the files i have uploaded fail to get verified. I have tried 2 diffrent types of IDs (id card and passport), I have tried 2 diffrent methods of uploading them (pdf and jpeg) and I also tried both scanning and photographing. Nothing has worked! Is there something that can be done about this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bora,

Looks like your ID has been approved. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re able to proceed with your verification process?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rjackso7
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I am trying to complete the verification with my photo Drivers license and it keeps coming back that it can not be excepted.  I can't even ge!t to the second step

Hi Rhonda, 

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

i dont have a link for verification settings

Hi Kristofferson,

If you are required, you’ll be notified upon logging in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have submitted a selfie for visual verification but Customer Support was unable to verify me visually. How we can re-do visual verification?

VV.PNG

Hi Muhammad,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3bfcb670
Community Member

Need help. I used my Google sign-in to sign up for Upwork which is using my nickname and last name when I am still single. Uploaded the an ID which contains my updated married name. And the selfie does just took a picture where I am not looking. Can I please be re-verify? 

Hi Rebecca,

I can see that you have already submitted a support ticket regarding your Google sign-in issue. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm having the same issue, except upwork demands I verify my identity until today, but I've been trying for days with no luck because it apparently can't recognize my face. This is very frustrating.

Hi Luana,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
6e206caa
Community Member

Hello, I have been waiting for someone to reach out to me to redo my id verification, how do I get help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I have successfully verified the visual verification but still, my account got on hold due to document I guess, but on the document option, it is written that its in-process, and it's been around 8 to 9 days,

could you please help me how can I lift that hold? 

Hi Muhammad,

I'm following up with the team about your account status. They'll look into it as soon as possible and provide an update.

Thanks for your patience while we're getting this resolved.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ca751a4d
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I was wondering if you can help me?

I am trying to verify my ID, but my country isn't on the list 

What should I do? 

Thanks

Hi Jireh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Good day Ms Andrea, 

I have a problem with my Upwork Account and have tried all the neccessary steps to be verified and unfortunately I was unable to be Verified completely since the Identity Verification does not show on my Upwork Account. Will you please help me be Verified like the rest?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Flordeliza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. I would like to clarify that If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

You can find more information about verification here

~ Nikola
Upwork

hi joed A you solve your verify problem?

8bd3f286
Community Member

how i can make me able to get email from Upwork that now you are able to be verified

Hi Ahad,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
889f468b
Community Member

how can we get verify fast? is there  any solution?

Hi Mazharul,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1eefd0ab
Community Member

Hi,

I am a new freelancer, facing a problem while Visual verification using mobile CAMERA. It encountered an error with No Face detected.

Please help me out to fix this issue.

Hi Rizwan,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the verification. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kingmichaelg
Community Member

Hey, thanks for checking this thread. I need help with regards to my identity verification. I just got a notice today that I have to do this verification. However, I only have my School ID since I am still a student, and my PSA (Philippine Statistics Authority) Birth Certificate but it doesn't have my photo on it.

I live in the Philippines and Upwork also accepts NBI Clearance, it's the fastest document I can get but I cannot apply for it yet since we are under Enhanced Community Quarantine because of Covid-19. I cannot go out since I am still a student (only adults are able to go out) therefore, I cannot apply and get my NBI Clearance.

I would like to ask if the PSA Birth Certificate is accredited by Upwork or not since it's the only government-issued document I have excluding my government-issued School ID. Thank you!

John Michael G wrote:

I cannot go out since I am still a student (only adults are able to go out) 

If you're not 18, you can't work on Upwork anyway.

"All students from pre-school, daycare, elementary, college, and unemployed postgraduate students and persons aged 65-years-old are under a 24-hour curfew. "

Only employed graduates and under 65 years old can go out as we have a curfew here.

fair enough, it was your use of the word "adults" that gave the impression that you might not be one.

Hi John,

I understand the difficulties in this situation and please give me some time to check this further with our team. Just to confirm, you also have a ticket with our team with number 28188747 and you can follow up directly there with any additional private details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I’m also having trouble. I’m uploading my driver’s license and it’s saying it can’t verify my identity and to upload an approved document. How do I fix it?

Hi Toasha,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same  concern aforementioned. I only have my passport but that got expired and I can't go out due to the lockdown situation. I'm also in the Philippines. I only have my philhealth ID left but it's not being accepted as a valid ID. I passed my Video verification test though.

Hello Goran V.

I'm also in the Philippines and have a similar problem. I have a Resident ID card which government issued. I have submitted the front and back ID screenshot but still, it's not accepted as a valid ID. Please guide me to pass Identity Verification. 

Thank you,

Andrew

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members