🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Identity Verification
Page options
kigwaini_rose
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hello,

I have successfully completed part one of the Identity verification but I have tried to complete part two which is visual verification to no avail. What should I do?

I don't want my account to be put on hold.

Thanks in advance.

Rose

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rose,

Are you experiencing any problems on your end? If yes, I would suggest trying and clear your cache and cookies or log in via Firefox to complete the second step. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rose,

Are you experiencing any problems on your end? If yes, I would suggest trying and clear your cache and cookies or log in via Firefox to complete the second step. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I highly appreciate.

I cleared all cookies and caches as you had advised and was able to move just one more step in the process. However, my computer doesn't have a camera and I have realized that I cannot use my phone's camera as a webcam for this particular process. I have tried to open the QR code and the SMS link that I received from Upwork but none is opening.

I have tried for several days now and time is running out. I don't know what else to do and I don't want my account to be suspended.

Please help.

Regards

Hi Rose,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to complete the verification process. I've shared this with the team and one of our agents has reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Upwork suspended my account and asked me to submit documents for identity verification.

I've submitted the documents according to the guide and the link told me they will review in 24 hours.

But I don't get no reply since more than 30 hours.

Please let me know what else should I do to restore my account.

Regards,

Rodica

Hi Rodica,

I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you.

I will wait for it.

Regards,

Rodica

Hello, i would like to get assisted in second verification, my identity verification it keeps saying a technical problem, thank you

Hi Reinhard,

Could you please confirm what is the issue you're experiencing when trying to start the chat with an agent? You should be able to go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue and Start a chat with an agent so they can assist you with your visual verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
eb75f794
Community Member

Hi andrea,

I am also facing some issue with my visual verfication process .I clicked the button which says "speak with agent " but after that it just keeps on loading. I have been waiting for so long to a receive a link or anything to start the call . kindly help me resolve the issue. 

And i tried all solution listed in "troubleshoot video verfication" such allowing  third party cookies, clearing cache and allowing javascript and alas no avail.Kindly help me resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance

Hi Khawla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I could use some help, kind of ran into a problem. I joined Upwork because in NC the Covid rules have been pretty strict I have been unable to attain my driver's license, so I can't drive to a job. I thought this would be something I could do from home, but now with the ID Verification...I don't have a driver's license or passport...is there anything else I could use? Or any other way I can do the verification?

I have a possible driver's license appointment in June if they keep the office open. I'm willing to do a video chat or something to verify my ID because I just landed a contract but without the verification, I cannot move forward.

Thank you so much for your time!

Hi Kayti,

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Yes, I thank you. I saw that, but I am unable to obtain any of those documents so I was wondering if there was another way for me to verify my ID for you?

Thanks for confirming that, Kayti. We'll have someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi there,

I would like to verify my ID. I haven't been asked for it yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Thanks much for your time.

Hi Asiful,

Please keep in mind that freelancers can't request a verification from their end. Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hamzasiddiqui
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I also get this verification step today although my account is old since 2016 but I have no issue in verifying it again.

When I start verification process it display the name of the person who's company I'm associated with and its not changing even at my individual profile.

Please advise what the solution for this so I can get my profile verified under my name rather than the owner of the company I'm associated.

Thanks.

hi Hamza,

Feel free to submit your ID once you're ready. If any additional information is needed, our team will reach out to you directly via ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi Goran,

Yes I tried to do that  but the name on the verfication isn't changing so how can I get verified by someone else name ?

I created ticket and waiting for the response from support.

Thanks.

Hi every one,

I got an alert to verify my identity recently. However, when i clicked on "Get Started" button I'm stuck. Nothing happens except the progress circle keep running on. I tried on both Chrome and Firefox. 

What should I do?

Screenshot from 2021-05-28 01-38-29.png

Hi Huy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I recently got a notification for identity verification but it says that the verification cannot be completed at the moment and to seek help in the Upwork Help Center. Hoping for someone's assistance.

Hi Luisa Angelica,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5946d410
Community Member

identity verification problem as well... They didnt accept my UMID ID, and submitted a new one. hoping to be approved asap, as my account will be on hold/suspended on dec19. while i have an ongoing milestone contract. please help

Hi Jenna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members