🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Identity Verification
Page options
asrafee
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi There,
There is no Identity verification Option on my setting page. 
How could I get a verified badge? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You don't until upwork asks you to verify your identity. You can't request it. 0

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You don't until upwork asks you to verify your identity. You can't request it. 0

f6b1f718
Community Member

Hi,

I have same problems. Could you help me too?

Hi There,
There is no Identity verification Option on my setting page. 
How could I get a verified badge? 

f6b1f718_0-1643988503144.png

Hi Yusuf,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
sylvief
Community Member

So, I just paid to upgrade my account but now I can't apply for jobs because I haven't been requested to verify my identity on upwork but the job I am trying to get still requires it? How about upwork lets me verify my identity asap so I get what I paid for?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sylvie,

Once you become eligible/required for this badge, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7da9d7eb
Community Member

Hi, can I ask for help? This is about identity verification. Upwork notified me just recently on verifying my identity, however, currently, I'm still waiting for my national id to be processed and which will be ready by next week. My problem is that the identity verification must be accomplished by tomorrow. In this case, my account might be put on hold because I cannot present any valid ID yet. My question is, will I still be able to verify my identity even after the timeline set by Upwork? I'm planning to complete the identity verification by next week once my valid ID is delivered. May I ask for your help and suggestion? Thank You Very Much! 

Hi Chennie,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
97b04234
Community Member

hii, i'm a newcomer i try toI tried to check the "Identity Verification" on my setting but It's not showing. would you tell me whats going on its?

Hi Tania,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
sylvief
Community Member

I am incredibly frustrated with upwork so far. The website is a mess. I paid to get extra connects but I can't apply for jobs because I have to wait to get verified. The help chat is not a real person and keeps sending me the same broken link. Other than that I learned I have to wait for an invitation to get verified? Get it together, upwork. Verify me so I can get started.

Are you sure this is about verification of your identity? It could be profile approval which can't happen if your profile is completely empty. 

petersemmanuel
Community Member

You'll have to wait until upwork sends you a notification to verify your account. Check wait until it comes.

hope this helps.

asrafee
Community Member

there is a notification to verify my identity within 7 days.
I have tried so many times but it says technical problem. what can I do now? 
I have got a few works that going on. I don't wanna hold my account. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Asraful,

Could you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to start the verification process? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have tried with a different browser and also from a mobile device but the problem remains the same. 

Hi Asraful,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
dbc69f6f
Community Member

hi, I'm waiting for verification identity but it has been already 1 month I completed 100% of my profile and there is no any notification about it. is it up to my account availability (always online)? - please I have to start working ASAP, HELP!.

Hi Shokhjakhon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dbc69f6f
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

one more question again, importing badge from Credly to my upwork profile is so important to get identity verified badge?

40278bbe
Community Member

Hello .
I want to know why I didn't receive the account verification email and identity verification email after the resubmit, but I can find job and send proposals.
If there is a problem with the account, please let me know so I can fix it.
I already checked my email and spam.
Thank you.

Regards Armida

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Armida, 

I checked your account and can see that you are yet to be required to verify your profile. Note that users can't also request to be verified. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will receive a notification either through an email, or through your account. 

In the meantime, you may wish to read up on the different verification processes we have on Upwork by visiting this collection of articles. 

~ Avery
Upwork
efad46df
Community Member

Hello ! I would like to ask about verification of ID.  Just this day, I have completed my profile and tried checking my other profile settings. The ID verification is also not present there. What are your suggestions on the next steps that I should do while waiting for the verification ? or for me to get verified? 

Also, I set my profile as private or not available yet because I want to make sure that the settings / verifications are complete and ready for applying jobs in Upwork.

As I read the questions, it seems that verification of one's identity is a must for job application. Is my understanding correct? Is it advisable not to do any job applications yet?

Thank you!

Hi Portia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may want to read up on the different verification processes we have on Upwork by visiting this collection of articles.

You may also still apply for jobs while waiting for your ID verification. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for your help Ms. Annie Jane. I will check the articles you have suggested.😀

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members