cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification

Highlighted
William P Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
91 of 264

Hi, Valeria  - perhaps you can help me too.  I click on "Submit a Proposal" and it says "Almost ready! Your ID is being reviewed.  You can't submit a proposal until we've verified your identity.  This can take up to 48 hours...."

Its been over 48 hours.  I believe my profile is complete.  Or is there perhaps a rule or process I am missing?  Please look at my account to see what if anything I can do to fix it.  Or what is the timeframe for fix.  Perhaps there is a problem reading my drivers license?

Thank you,

William Patton (Bill)

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
92 of 264

Hi William,

I have followed up with the team reviewing the documents submitted for verification. They will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sorry about the delay.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Kim Troy B Member Since: Aug 8, 2017
93 of 264

Hello Ma'am,

I have been getting this message everytime I apply for jobs in my account "". Therefore, I would like to verify my identity by submitting the requested documents for verification process. Please let me know where do I send these documents as soon as possible so that I may be able to continue my freelancing job. Thank you very much and I am waiting for your response.

Highlighted
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
94 of 264
[quote=Casting Words]How long does it generally take?[/quote] For you, my guess is that it will take quite a while. How can they verify your identity? Did you legally change your name to Casting Words? Is that really a picture of you? I don't think so. The process verifies that you are who you say you are. It seems pretty obvious that you are not. [quote=Casting Words]In the mean time, they won't release my funds to me. The whole site is a scam, once you make enough money. They just find excuses to freeze your account.[/quote] The truth is, you are the one who won't release your funds. Your oDesk account name has to match the name on your bank account. I suspect that name is not Casting Words. Also, you have probably been flagged for your name and profile picture. When someone is acting fishing, oDesk may suspend an account until they can verify that everything is OK. As far as them freezing your account when you make enough money, are you considering $50 the amount at which they decide to mess with you? That sure isn't much. If you look around a little you can see that many people regularly withdraw more than that. It is hard for people to help you when you have clearly not educated yourself about the site and how things work but you are real quick to slanderously declare that this site is a scam.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
95 of 264
[quote]They just find excuses to freeze your account.[/quote] They're not, but you gave them all the excuse they'd need anyway. Next time read up on the documentation, rules, and Terms of Service when you join a site where myou intend to do business.
Highlighted
Cher S Member Since: Dec 15, 2008
96 of 264
My Odesk account has been active since 2009. All of my data matched when I set up my account as an individual. I secure payment verified only contracts, I perform my work to the best of my ability and I HAVE NEVER!!!! Had my funds frozen. I have made significantly more than $50.00 in a work period and never had a problem withdrawing. Sounds like you have several issues. If you are not a business change your profile name to your real name. That will help you.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
97 of 264
Even if she is a business, she still can not put that in name. Payments can not be made to a business name from odesk.
Highlighted
Wendy N Member Since: Jun 26, 2012
98 of 264

I have worked here full time for a while now and have even gone through the process of changing my name due to marriage without a hitch. In the one instance that I did have a problem with my account due to a change I made improperly, I used the chat function and had it sorted out in a matter of minutes. I have never had my money held longer than anticipated for any reason. There are a lot of scam sites out there. oDesk is not one of them. I hate to see someone trying to call them out for what is probably a problem on their individual end rather than an issue with the staff at oDesk.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
99 of 264
several years? that's weird, because your profile says you've only been here in just a little over one year.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Highlighted
Marvel J Member Since: Jun 30, 2011
100 of 264
Nice to meet you Casting Words. My name is Hurling Rocks :smile: If this happens to be your real name then you won't be faced with problems getting your money.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS