🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Identity Verified Badge GONE
Page options
sanahosain
Community Member

Identity Verified Badge GONE

I don't have a problem video verifying myself every third day, I understand Upwork wants to triple check on me, it's fine. BUT

After 2 video verifications, identity card submission, I got a mail this morning that I need to "earn" a blue badge by video and ID verifying myself, only to find out that my 1-year-old verified badge is gone?

I guess this is a system fault, and the support is not getting it. 

Here's it: 

: I want to hire for a voice-over, so I decide to create a client account

: It asks for my government ID, I upload it, it doesn't accept my ID

: I support contact, doesn't accept my ID still.

: I receive a random email from upwork that my ID has been verified but I am still getting the "you need to ID verify with your government ID" message on my Upwork screen. 

: I contact support again, they escalate it

: I receive a message from a member telling me she's removed the hold. 

: I receive a fresh new email asking me to get an IDENTITY BADGE, ignoring my efforts. 

What's wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
sanahosain
Community Member

After checking, I find that my video still says "verified on 25 November 2019, and on my Government ID, it says, unable to verify now, please try again later. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sana, 

I checked your account and I'm sorry for the confusion, and the inconvenience this has caused. I want to confirm that we have several verifications in place, and a user may be asked to verify their account every now and then, as part of our User Agreement. You may read more about it in Section 1.6 Identity and Location Verification in the Upwork User Agreement.

I can confirm that you were only asked to verify once for your ID-Verification Badge once, as this was only rolled-out this year. You may read more about the verification process here

Sana, could you please try clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if you will be able to upload and verify your ID? 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members