🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Identity information verification again?
Page options
robert-lopez
Community Member

Identity information verification again?

I've been using this platform for quite some time and suddenly I cannot make a withdrawal because an identity verification team will need to verify my identity again? I submitted another scanned image of passport and ID.

This is so sad, I don't really get many jobs here. I got bills to pay too.

Does anybody experience this before?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Robert, 

Please allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, once this is finished our team will reach out to you with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
JoanneP

Hi Robert, 

Upwork routinely ask freelancers and clients to verify their identities to help keep Upwork safe. To resolve this please follow the instruction and provide the documents requested. If the team needs any further information from you, they will let you know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, 
I already tried two attempts submitting my documents, yesterday and today,
I'm still waiting for a reply. Thanks for the info.

Best Regards, 
Robert

Hi Robert, 

Please allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, once this is finished our team will reach out to you with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 
I'm still waiting for an email regarding this matter. Still none.
Can I just try to make a withdrawal again but It might request another identification issue?
I just got a job request earlier from my client and I don't if I should open up this to her.
Can you please help.  Thanks!

Best regards,
Robert

Hi Robert Jr., 

I checked your account and can see that this has already been resolved. Are you seeing a notification where you're being asked to verify your identity?

I did a little digging on your account and found that the previous document you submitted didn't pass the verification. Please submit a valid document through the secure link for your ID-verification to be processed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, thanks I will try again. I was waiting for an email.

Regards,
Robert

Hi,
I see that my passport got expired, I have no plans on renewing this yet,
I don't have any plan leaving the country.

I don't know why they are rejecting my Social Security ID, maybe its old.
I submitted my tax identification card but it's really old too, I don't know if that will work.

Can you please help me what ID is acceptable? I may need to re-apply
Thanks!

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further via ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

No one is still contacting me regarding this matter.
I already applied for a new Government Tax ID and submitted this but it seems like it doesn't recognize it.
I also applied for a new Government Social Security ID but this will take some time to process.
Do you accept NBI clearance? What else do you need? Can someone please help me? 

Thank you,
Robert

Hi Robert,

I just checked your account and I can see that our team has reached out to you last Friday on your ticket number ending in 424. If you have any additional questions please post them on your ticket, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
After ticket ending in 424, no one contacted me.
I just upload a brand new Government TIN Id yesterday and it's rejecting it, please see attachment.

also, I'm asking what type of documents do you accept? Do you accept Voters ID, Postal ID, NBI Clearance, Police Clearance? I'm trying to get the least Identification that is easy to get, some other identification could take some time and money. This is the only job I have. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks!

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert Jr., 

It looks like your ID was once again rejected. I will go ahead and follow up your ticket with the team, and will also confirm about the acceptable IDs that can be submitted for this type of verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks

Do you accept police clearance?

Hi Robert,

Please comment back on your ticket from last Friday and post your questions there, our team will receive them and assist you further. Due to private details involved in this case I can`t assist you publicly in our Community. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Sir Robert, what ID did you use to verify your acc. I was planning to have police clearance but I don't know if it is acceptable because it's not on the list.

I think it was my NBI clearance. Any government ID (not expired) with clear picture, address and signature will do. It needs to match all the info. in your profile.

will Police clearance work?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason, 

Only the IDs listed in this article are the accepted documents for verifying your account. 

Let us know if you have further questions and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery, can you please help me. My identity was successfully verified but I can't still make a withdrawal, what is wrong? can you please help?

Thanks,
Robert

Hi Robert, 

It looks like the limitation to your account has already been lifted. Are you still unable to withdraw your earnings to your payment method? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,
I still can't make a withdrawal. I'm not sure if 24hrs has passed already. Do I still have to wait? Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Please log out and log in again, the limitation on your account was lifted and you should be able to withdraw your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
I still can't. Please check my attachment. I already log out and also tried to clear my browser cache
and I'm still seeing that warning sign. Please help. Thanks!

Regards,
Robert

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi, I have the same problem. After video call verification I wait a few weeks but nothing happens.

Does the photo you are using match the "you" in real life, for purposes of verification?

yes

Hi Dear Janean L, Can you help me to verfy my identity again. Please I need your help please help me.

Dear Goran V, I need your help urgently, I make call to your company agent to verify my identitiy, but the reject this, I want to make new call to verify my identy more then 3 days ago they do not open the open the still ask we are review your identitiy It takes about up to 1 business day. 

Please help me!

Dear Joanne Marie, I need your help to solve my problem, I make call to upwork 2 days ago. They reject the identry. I want to again make video call to them to solve my problem. Please help me to solve my problem.

iam_shoaib6124
Community Member

Hello upwork team. I make video call to your agent to verify identity, but he rejected it. Please solve my problem and again verify my identity as soon as possible please

Hi Rana Shoaib,

Could you please try to initiate the video call again using Mozilla Firefox? Please let us know if you encounter any issues so we can check further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes My Dear Upwork team I am ready to verify my identity again using
mozilla firefox

Yes, Dear Jonne Marie P I am ready to initiate video call again using Mozilla Firefox.

Thank you for confirming, Rana Shoaib. 

Please click on the start chat button to get started. One of our agents will assist you in completing the video chat. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Please Dear tell me where this start button is located

Hi Rana Shoaib,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d5b4d5d7
Community Member

I have verified my identity once and uploaded the ID card picture and visual verification also but now they are telling me to do this again. and to make things worse there is no option here to do that again. It has been over 2 weeks and still the process is in working. idk whats happening here.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members