cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity successfully verified but no badge!

Pascale H Member Since: Oct 20, 2016
1 of 66

Hello,

On March 19, I went through the identity verification process by uploading a copy of my driver license and “taking”  the video chat. The same day, I received an email from Upwork stating, “Because you’ve successfully verified your identity, you’ll see an Identity Verified badge on your profile, starting today” (please see attached).

That did not happen. Ten days later, there is still no sign of an Identity Verified badge on my profile, even though, on March 21, I reported the problem to two different support representatives and was again told that my identity had been successfully verified. Further, I received an email the same day from a third support representative, who apologized and told me the appropriate team was working to solve the problem. Still nothing happened. A few days ago, I sent an email to this third representative asking her to at least let me know the reason the badge hadn’t been added. I never received an answer.

All representatives I talked with have been very courteous and seem to genuinely be wanting to help. Still, to be honest, this is not only time-consuming for me but also a bit offensive. By the way, I already had my identity verified a couple of years ago when I started working through Upwork. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 66

Hi Pascale,

I'm following up with the team about this issue and we'll have this fixed as soon as possible.

Sorry about the delay.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Pascale H Member Since: Oct 20, 2016
3 of 66

Many thanks Valeria. The badge has been added

Talha B Member Since: Apr 1, 2019
4 of 66

I identified successfully but badge not display on my profile

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 66

Hi Talha,

It looks like you were asked to verify your identity by completing video verification and you have successfully done so. You can now continue sending proposals on Upwork. At times we require our users to verify their identity in order to access or continue to access the Upwork marketplace. We do this because it is a critical part of maintaining a trusted online global workplace and keeping Upwork safe and fraud-free. 

This is, however, different from the ID verification badge that your account is not eligible for yet. We are rolling out ID badges to more freelancers so stay tuned, you will receive a notification once your account is eligible.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Talha B Member Since: Apr 1, 2019
6 of 66

what is the eligibility criteria for this???

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 66

Hi Talha,

Thanks for your question. We’re slowly rolling this badge out to Top Rated freelancers over the next few months (and plan to expand the program later). If you become eligible for this badge, you’ll be notified when you log into Upwork.

Please check out this Thread for more information.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Shakir J Member Since: Mar 1, 2019
8 of 66

i did the video verification on 4/3/2019 at 9:06 PM (PST) the Upwork team told it will be allocated in 10 mintues. However, i think its one day yet no update.

Can any one insure the if i did the verification rightly.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 66

Hi Shakir,

Our team reviewed your account and the information you provided during the verification and your account has already been resumed.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 66

Shakir J wrote:

i did the video verification on 4/3/2019 at 9:06 PM (PST) the Upwork team told it will be allocated in 10 mintues. However, i think its one day yet no update.

Shakir, you are not top rated, so you are not eligible for the verification badge on your profile

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS